+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for TRV, got withdrawal for visitor record

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I am currently working on a PGWP. I have two citizenships. I have a TRV on passport A that's expiring in October 2024. I applied for a new TRV with passport B. Today I got a letter saying they withdrew my application because I applied for a visitor record but I currently hold a work permit, and they invited me to apply for a visitor visa. I even submitted a letter explaining all this and that I was applying for a visitor visa.

I have applied for visitor visa before, for myself and for my parents.

This is clearly an error from their side. What can I do now? I could just reapply but that means waiting an extra month and paying another $100. Can I submit a webform even if the application has been withdrawn?

This is what the letter says:

This refers to your application for a Visitor Record in Canada. According to our records, you already hold a valid Work Permit. As a result, you may wish to consider applying for a temporary resident visa instead. Your file has now been closed and no processing will take place. If you wish to submit a new application, you will have to resubmit all required documents and pay new processing fees

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
I am currently working on a PGWP. I have two citizenships. I have a TRV on passport A that's expiring in October 2024. I applied for a new TRV with passport B. Today I got a letter saying they withdrew my application because I applied for a visitor record but I currently hold a work permit, and they invited me to apply for a visitor visa. I even submitted a letter explaining all this and that I was applying for a visitor visa.

I have applied for visitor visa before, for myself and for my parents.

This is clearly an error from their side. What can I do now? I could just reapply but that means waiting an extra month and paying another $100. Can I submit a webform even if the application has been withdrawn?

This is what the letter says:

This refers to your application for a Visitor Record in Canada. According to our records, you already hold a valid Work Permit. As a result, you may wish to consider applying for a temporary resident visa instead. Your file has now been closed and no processing will take place. If you wish to submit a new application, you will have to resubmit all required documents and pay new processing fees
What is your objective? Are you trying to switch your status from worker to visitor?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
No, I wanted to get a new TRV as my current one is expiring in October. But when I applied for a TRV, they said I applied for a visitor record and withdrew my application because I already have a work permit. I want to know if I can send a webform for a withdrawn application or do I have to simply apply again for another TRV.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
No, I wanted to get a new TRV as my current one is expiring in October. But when I applied for a TRV, they said I applied for a visitor record and withdrew my application because I already have a work permit. I want to know if I can send a webform for a withdrawn application or do I have to simply apply again for another TRV.
Are you sure you applied for a TRV?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/place-application-visa-electronic-travel-authorization-study-permit-work-permit.html