+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for my wife Sowp and children study permit from inside Canada on 25 July and got medical request for kids on 13August but not for wife

kaviraj251

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
I am on closed work permit and applied for my wife Sowp and children study permit from inside Canada on 25 July and got medical request for kids in 13 August. However my wife was in Canada on visitor visa and my kids are in India since they don't have any visa. Due to emergency she returned to India on 8 August. Why they have not asked medical for my wife? If her returning to India will impact the SOWP application while SOWP application was made while she was in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am on closed work permit and applied for my wife Sowp and children study permit from inside Canada on 25 July and got medical request for kids in 13 August. However my wife was in Canada on visitor visa and my kids are in India since they don't have any visa. Due to emergency she returned to India on 8 August. Why they have not asked medical for my wife? If her returning to India will impact the SOWP application while SOWP application was made while she was in Canada?
You should send a webform updating your wife’s location. SOWP is processed separately and often takes close to 6 months to process.

Reactions: kaviraj251

kaviraj251

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
R u sure that spouse open work permit and kids study permit files r processed separately since my wife is main applicant and kids r dependent