+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied Canada WP through NYC office (May 30th)

yjcsxdl

Jul 21, 2012
Hi guys,
Work permit takes so long! I sent out the Work Permit package by May 30th to NYC consulate. and havent heard back yet. I am a foreigner working here in the U.S. on H1B. Anybody applied for WP recently in U.S? post your timeline or send me emails. Let's keep each other posted!

G ;)

buddyap

Jun 26, 2012
Hi,

Have you got your work permit yet ? if you did, please let me know how long it took for you to get the work permit after the LMO. As I am also in the same boat. If you did not get yet, then you can send email to Canadian Consulate in NYC and I believe they will reply to you, as you have applied for more than 8 weeks seems. Please send me email to my personal mail id sarup.etceju@gmail.com. So we can discuss. I will be waiting for your response. You know how difficult is waiting for the work permit.

One more question, did you applied over mail or in-person and when it had reached to the NYC Consulate office ?

yjcsxdl

Jul 21, 2012
to update: End of July, the Consulate asked me to send my original passport (i applied with a certified copy). I certainly sent immediately . then my lawyer asked them what stage the application is, but hasn't got any reply yet.