+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied & approved study permit from inside Canada -- Crossing border?

literally

Jul 18, 2013
Hi everyone! I'm from the states, in Canada now on a visitor visa. Several weeks ago I applied for a study permit inside Canada, and I got my approval letter last week (hooray!).

But, now I have to cross the border to actually receive my permit. I was wondering if anyone with experience doing this has any tips as far as what kind of border I should cross (one with more traffic or less traffic, etc), extra documents, things like that.

Basically anything that would improve my chances of me being granted the permit, cause I've heard sad stories of students being denied at the border despite having a permit approval letter from CIC.

I'm in Calgary, Alberta, and I'll be driving.

Thanks!! ;D

samarora

Sep 24, 2013
Congrats.. :) I think Border visit should not be a problem for you. Just make sure that you bring all the documents with you especially how do u support financially and fee paid receipt as well...Good Luck.. :)

When did u applied for study permit application? My friend is on visitor visa and I also would like to apply for her study visa. Do we need to submit application to Los Angeles office? what documents did u submitted and what is the processing time?

Thanks.

Annie848

Nov 3, 2014
Hi
Do you might have a privat email adress ? I would like to contact you. I am in the same situation and maybe you'll be able to help me with a few questions ;)