+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application

Bear

Jul 18, 2008
Hi Guys,
I had applied under FSW last september. I recieved a letter of reciept yesterday with a file number assigned. The letter says they will look at my application details if it meets new 38 occupation elligibility and will let me know whether i will be qualified for further processing. However, i am 100% sure that my education (PhD in Agri Economics from US) and experience (as RA/TA in USA, and program officer from east asia) do not match with their new occupation list. As i know i am not qualified anymore for FSW, all i want is my application fee back. I have paid more than thousand US dollar for my family's application. But with the letter of AOR, they sent me a reciept of my applicaiton fee, that means they cashed the money order i gave them. I am kind of wondering if they will take my money and later say that i am not elligible according to new criteria..or will return my fee even if they cash it for now.
Does anybody have any idea on this? any comments?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
according to CIC, they will cash it and refund you. I think it might take upto bout 6months after they decline you.