+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application to Sponsor and Undertaking

jawknee

Aug 1, 2010
I'm confused. My fiance and I are filling out our residency applications. We are at Q.8( a) of the Application to Sponsor and Undertaking.
We are in a Common Law relationship.... do I then put the date that we began 'official' living together on paper or when we started initially going out together(dating)???

Next question.... Q8 (b) Should I now tick NO to having a conjugal partner?

Surely we are both common law and conjugal....no?!?

These forms are so confusing at times....I think they do this to test us..... please help!!!!!

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
jawknee said:
I'm confused. My fiance and I are filling out our residency applications. We are at Q.8( a) of the Application to Sponsor and Undertaking.
We are in a Common Law relationship.... do I then put the date that we began 'official' living together on paper or when we started initially going out together(dating)???

Next question.... Q8 (b) Should I now tick NO to having a conjugal partner?

Surely we are both common law and conjugal....no?!?

These forms are so confusing at times....I think they do this to test us..... please help!!!!!
8 a) date you started living together. They are looking for minimum 1 year living together to meet common-law status.

8 b) Yes NO is the right answer. Conjugal partner is a different relationship category under the family class............the three options are: spousal, common law, conjugal partner. Common law is your category, assuming you meet the 1 year requirement and have the supporting documentation to prove the genuineness of the relationship.