+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Sent - Forgot IMM5406 for spouse - Need urgent help

shames

May 18, 2013
I am in very urgent situation for your help and it may be useful for all.

I sent application for FWSP NOC category on May 17 and it is in the way to Nova Scotia scheduled to reach before Wednesday 22 May noon.
Unfortunately, we forgot to include the additional family information form (IMM 5406 form) filled and signed by spouse. :-[

Will my application be incomplete and will it cause our application to be returned? ???

What can I do to send that form? I am applying for first time so I do not have any reference number or file number or client ID and even my file is in the way.

Your kind and concrete help will be very useful for me and for others too. :)

Thanks a lot,

Shames

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shames said:
I am in very urgent situation for your help and it may be useful for all.

I sent application for FWSP NOC category on May 17 and it is in the way to Nova Scotia scheduled to reach before Wednesday 22 May noon.
Unfortunately, we forgot to include the additional family information form (IMM 5406 form) filled and signed by spouse. :-[

Will my application be incomplete and will it cause our application to be returned? ???

What can I do to send that form? I am applying for first time so I do not have any reference number or file number or client ID and even my file is in the way.

Your kind and concrete help will be very useful for me and for others too. :)

Thanks a lot,

Shames
Yes, unfortunately your application will be considered incomplete and will be returned to you.

You can contact the courier service to arrange a "STOP" delivery and package return to you. You may have to spend some extra bucks but then you can send the complete application along with the originals (IELTS etc).

20th is a holiday in Canada...so contact courier company ASAP.

Mitali

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I mailed an incorrect form with my application. After I got AOR, I emailed the office and informed them (used my UCI, date of birth, File number, and full name). They instructed me to fax over new copies of the form. A month later, I emailed to ask for confirmation. Took about two weeks, but they confirmed they got the corrected forms.

I won't say this will work for you - just sharing my experience. Good luck! :)

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amikety said:
I mailed an incorrect form with my application. After I got AOR, I emailed the office and informed them (used my UCI, date of birth, File number, and full name). They instructed me to fax over new copies of the form. A month later, I emailed to ask for confirmation. Took about two weeks, but they confirmed they got the corrected forms.

I won't say this will work for you - just sharing my experience. Good luck! :)
Amikety, you are talking about an "INCORRECT form". Shames has not included IMM 5406 for his spouse...so its INCOMPLETE.

From the OP manual : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#eg77

Phase: Completeness check

Citizenship and Immigration Canada reviews your application to make sure that:

all required fields in your application forms are complete,
all required documents are submitted from Document Checklist (IMM 5612), and
the correct processing fee payment has been made
If your application is:

incomplete
or;
the allowable cap limit has been reached,
your entire package (including your payment) will be returned to you with a letter explaining why it is being returned.

Mitali

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
mitali said:
Amikety, you are talking about an "INCORRECT form". Shames has not included IMM 5406 for his spouse...so its INCOMPLETE.

Mitali
That doesn't mean how I handled it couldn't help him. If he is able to get it into CIC before they begin processing, it may not matter. That is why I shared my experience. The OP can do with it what he wants.

Btw, technically my application was incomplete because when I failed an incorrect form, I also didn't mail the proof to go with the proper version......... Just sayin' ;)

harry2k4

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hi

I also missed to send Addional family information of Spouse.. just sent mine form. My file was received on 9th may.

It may get returned or they might ask.. unsure.. :(

shames

May 18, 2013
Thanks Mitali and Amikety for your kind and concrete suggestion. We decided to stop the courier and get it back and send with complete documents. But we may risk the cap limit as my cap is 2147, the hot list.

Lets see, thats part of life :)

Thanks

Shames

shames

May 18, 2013
Do you have any news on IMM 5406 form. I filled it and sent it to the CIC. Hope they put inside my file. I do not know, we are unfortunate that we prepared all with hardwork, and just one form got missed.

Do you have any news or information about this. Could you please share.

Shames

harry2k4

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
shames said:
Do you have any news on IMM 5406 form. I filled it and sent it to the CIC. Hope they put inside my file. I do not know, we are unfortunate that we prepared all with hardwork, and just one form got missed.

Do you have any news or information about this. Could you please share.

Shames
Did you got your complete application back, attached IMM5406 and again sent?
Or
you sent IMM5406 separately?

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
if it is sent separately, they will not attached with original application

harry2k4 said:
Did you got your complete application back, attached IMM5406 and again sent?
Or
you sent IMM5406 separately?

shames

May 18, 2013
ah, unfortunately, I sent separately. I decided later not to return the application as I worried about the cap limit of 300 in NOC 2147. What is your position. Do you have any news on your application? Or did you try to contact with CIC about this matter whether they will immediately return the application or they will ask for it. Thanks for sharing.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
man......you got ur application back and still you sent separately.......

pray to god......that's all I can say.....

shames said:
ah, unfortunately, I sent separately. I decided later not to return the application as I worried about the cap limit of 300 in NOC 2147. What is your position. Do you have any news on your application? Or did you try to contact with CIC about this matter whether they will immediately return the application or they will ask for it. Thanks for sharing.

shames

May 18, 2013
Not really. I did not get get it returned to me by the UPS. Finally, I let it go as I thought if I get it back now, NOC 2147 is going to be filled anyways. So you are right, I must pray to God. I explained the situation in new cover letter. If I ma lucky, it can pass thorugh, if not I must accept my mistake and proceed. Please share with us any such information which could be helpful.

Thanks for your suggestion. I am really unfortunate to miss that little important piece while I prepared everything 99% correctly. Life is like that. So we are ready with our mind to accept our fate to get the returned documents.

Shames

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
shames said:
Not really. I did not get get it returned to me by the UPS. Finally, I let it go as I thought if I get it back now, NOC 2147 is going to be filled anyways. So you are right, I must pray to God. I explained the situation in new cover letter. If I ma lucky, it can pass thorugh, if not I must accept my mistake and proceed. Please share with us any such information which could be helpful.

Thanks for your suggestion. I am really unfortunate to miss that little important piece while I prepared everything 99% correctly. Life is like that. So we are ready with our mind to accept our fate to get the returned documents.

Shames
first u did a mistake then u missed the chance of correcting it..everyone adviced u to stop the courier..brother they will not send back ur application immediately..will take 2 or three months..they will not bother to include ur seperate paper inside the application..by that time ur CAP already over..u should have taken the chance by stoping courier and include that form in ur original application

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
shames said:

Shames
anyways best of luck