+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application returned - Employment/Source of Support

Vivendi

Mar 25, 2017
Hi guys, I'm a Canadian citizen (and living in Canada) and sponsoring my wife who is currently in India. I submitted application last month and... it was returned to me; the reason cited is "Employment/Source of Support".

I live with my family and a studying for my exams and don't have a job currently. Since I didn't have a letter from my employer; I had provided a written explanation on a separate sheet stating what I just said above, as well a letter from my father that stated he would support my spouse once she arrived in Canada.

Apparantly this wasn't enough because my application has been returned. I'd really appreciate some advice on how to proceed... I'm really bummed out right now.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Vivendi said:
Hi guys, I'm a Canadian citizen (and living in Canada) and sponsoring my wife who is currently in India. I submitted application last month and... it was returned to me; the reason cited is "Employment/Source of Support".

I live with my family and a studying for my exams and don't have a job currently. Since I didn't have a letter from my employer; I had provided a written explanation on a separate sheet stating what I just said above, as well a letter from my father that stated he would support my spouse once she arrived in Canada.

Apparantly this wasn't enough because my application has been returned. I'd really appreciate some advice on how to proceed... I'm really bummed out right now.
Hi

Was the letter from your father notarized? Did it explicitly state that he fully supports you financially and that you and your wife will be living with him completely expense-free? Did you include any bank statements from him? Did your own letter address your plan for the future, how long you would be living with your parents, how you and your spouse will support yourselves? Did you include any proof of your own savings/investments, spouse's savings/investments, spouse's income, your income potential, spouse's income potential?

Vivendi

Mar 25, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

Was the letter from your father notarized? Did it explicitly state that he fully supports you financially and that you and your wife will be living with him completely expense-free? Did you include any bank statements from him? Did your own letter address your plan for the future, how long you would be living with your parents, how you and your spouse will support yourselves? Did you include any proof of your own savings/investments, spouse's savings/investments, spouse's income, your income potential, spouse's income potential?
Thank you for the response. No, the letter wasn't notarized. I had provided an explanation on a sheet attached to the checklist explaining why I wasn't currently working, etc. I called the Immigration services toll line... , and an hour of trying to get hold of someone, I didn't get any definitive answers from the agent.

My plan now is to go out and get a job and reapply in 2-3 weeks time once I get my pay stub. I do have some savings and investments as well, I'll definitely provide more proofs next time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Vivendi said:
Thank you for the response. No, the letter wasn't notarized. I had provided an explanation on a sheet attached to the checklist explaining why I wasn't currently working, etc. I called the Immigration services toll line... , and an hour of trying to get hold of someone, I didn't get any definitive answers from the agent.

My plan now is to go out and get a job and reapply in 2-3 weeks time once I get my pay stub. I do have some savings and investments as well, I'll definitely provide more proofs next time.
Well, it's no surprise your app was returned.

You don't need a job. Get a notarized letter from your father explicitly stating his complete financial support; include his payslips and/or bank statements. Write a proper plan on how you and your spouse will be supporting yourselves and show the savings, income potential etc.

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
We are in a similar situation... my wife is sponsoring me and she's in school. We live together and our plan is that I'll be supporting us once the OWP comes through. Long term she'll have a civil engineering degree but until then it'll be on me. We are also getting her dad to write a letter stating that he'll be supporting us if neccessary which includes us moving into their place and being dependent on them if the OWP takes too long. Well be getting it notarized so should he also include his tax return for last year? Anything else he should proxide and how detailed should out personal plans be?