+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Cancelled - Missing PCC

silo66

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received an update from CIC saying that my application has been cancelled because of a missing PCC.

I was supposed to provide 3 PCCs.

1) For my main country of residence where I've lived for longer than 20 years.
2) UK
3) US, where I stayed during university

I provided the first two. No problem there. For my FBI report, my credit card was charged 2 days before I submitted my final application. I waited the full 60 days before I submitted it and added a detailed letter of explanation saying that my FBI request has been processed. I even provided them with my reference number visible on my receipt.

Is there anything I can do about this? I know it is within their right to cancel the application. But I explicitly told them that I would receive it within 2 weeks. The FBI takes friggin 3 months to process fingerprints, I applied even before I got an ITA.

Sorry for the angry tone. I'm really quite upset. Please let me know if there's anything I can do.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
well they clearly say keep your documents ready. cant help it. its just bad luck. try again

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is terrible and I'm sorry for your refusal.

Don't do anything for a day or two. Get all that disappointment and anger out of your system first. It will help you focus on what needs to be done and make considerable difference to the tonality of your message to CIC as well.

After that, if you have the PCC from FBI with you now, send in a CSE explaining the entire situation once again and politely request them to reconsider their decision. That's the best you can do under the circumstances.

CSE ---> https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
Hello,

Why to worry, its just cancelled not rejected...once u get ur FBI pcc thn apply again. I know its hurts, as my application was cancelled too. This is a nice chance for u to go recheck ur documents again n again n wait fir next draw with new profile...or reopen ur file with CSE...all the best...

silo66

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all. I feel a bit better already.

I'm hoping to receive my PCC this week and if I do, I will submit a CSE like you said Asivad.

In the meanwhile I'll be creating a new profile tonight. But since the last draw was only last week, I guess there won't be any new draws for at least another week or two. :(

Oh well. Best of luck to everyone.

ronnie_rocket_fan

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

I am having a hard time understanding, how some people get rejected/cancelled and some don't under the same circumstances with respect to this delay of FBI PCC.

Does it all come down to having good luck?

I am in a similar situation, yet to submit my application ( without the FBI PCC ). My deadline is 20th October and my PCC wont arrive till late november. Please advise, as to whether to decline my ITA or go ahead and submit the application without PCC and completely rely on good fortune?

Please share your inputs

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronnie_rocket_fan said:
Hey Guys,

I am having a hard time understanding, how some people get rejected/cancelled and some don't under the same circumstances with respect to this delay of FBI PCC.

Does it all come down to having good luck?

I am in a similar situation, yet to submit my application ( without the FBI PCC ). My deadline is 20th October and my PCC wont arrive till late november. Please advise, as to whether to decline my ITA or go ahead and submit the application without PCC and completely rely on good fortune?

Please share your inputs
Unfortunately, the process is arbitrary and does depend on the officer involved. The 'right' process is to reject an application if it is incomplete but some officers do ask for clarifications (or acknowledge the letter of explanation) while others don't. The only way of ensuring one doesn't get refused for submitting an incomplete application is by NOT submitting an incomplete application. But it need not be a binary thought. You can try sending your application and hope for the best outcome.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is a "PCC"? Why do people here love acronyms so much...