+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant to Remain As PR

alamau

Jun 4, 2014
I have got my PER (Positive Eligibility Review) email from CIO for my PhD stream FSWP application. The Email addressed my name only. I was the principal applicant and my wife was co-applicant. After getting the PER, we went to Service Ontario to get OHIP. But they issued OHIP only for me, but not for my wife. They argue that the PER does not mention my wife's name. Can anyone please suggest what to do in order to get OHIP for her, and what type of documents or proof should we provide to Service Ontario?

Note: my wife is currently residing in Canada with me with open work permit.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
alamau said:
I have got my PER (Positive Eligibility Review) email from CIO for my PhD stream FSWP application. The Email addressed my name only. I was the principal applicant and my wife was co-applicant. After getting the PER, we went to Service Ontario to get OHIP. But they issued OHIP only for me, but not for my wife. They argue that the PER does not mention my wife's name. Can anyone please suggest what to do in order to get OHIP for her, and what type of documents or proof should we provide to Service Ontario?

Note: my wife is currently residing in Canada with me with open work permit.
If she has a job using her open work permit, she can apply for OHIP on that basis. Otherwise, maybe contact the VO to see if they can send you some sort of proof that she is a dependent on your application.