+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone who missed a citizenship test or a retest? what did you do after?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

montreal1009 said:
i really need your help with this
You need to read Operational Bulletin 476-B http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob476B.asp

Prior to OB 476, applicants who could not attend their test and/or interview with CIC staff were scheduled for a second test/interview session or, in some cases, scheduled for a hearing with a citizenship judge. The first iteration of OB 476 introduced pilot procedures whereby an RQ was triggered if the applicant did not show up at two citizenship tests or interviews. This procedure is no longer in effect.

New Procedures – Administrative closure of applications

Effective September 3, 2013, applicants will be sent one test/interview notice. If the applicant does not show up at the appointed place and time, and fails to provide an acceptable reason for this absence, their application will be administratively closed.

REKHS

Sep 7, 2011
Hi, Please help me. I moved from Toronto to Windsor in december. Cic sent me mail on Jan 14 to attend the test on Jan28th 2014 but i missed to check mails since we are still settling down and having a 20month old toddler makes my things slow. Anyway, how can i justify that i missed because i forgot to update the address online and that i missed to check the mail that get rerouted from my old address. I am in desperately bad situation. I send a email to cic but they told me to send a letter explaining my reason. Please let me know what reason you mentioned. Did u take lawyers help?
Thanks in advance