+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone used Schwab balance letter for proof of funds?

SLP63

Jul 22, 2019
Hi all,

Most of my funds are in my accounts with Charles Schwab. On their website I could generate a balance letter with
-bank logo in the letterhead
-my name and address
-last four digits of my account number
-account open date
-current balance
-average balance of past 6 months
-contact number of the bank.

However, there is no address or contact person of the bank on the letter since it's mostly an online banking company. Would a letter like this be acceptable? I also plan to include my statements for the last 6 months.

I called their customer service for a more "official" letter and they said they could only give an average balance of the past 2 months on their official letter.

Thanks for your help!

Whiskieblue

Sep 15, 2020
Hi all,

Most of my funds are in my accounts with Charles Schwab. On their website I could generate a balance letter with
-bank logo in the letterhead
-my name and address
-last four digits of my account number
-account open date
-current balance
-average balance of past 6 months
-contact number of the bank.

However, there is no address or contact person of the bank on the letter since it's mostly an online banking company. Would a letter like this be acceptable? I also plan to include my statements for the last 6 months.

I called their customer service for a more "official" letter and they said they could only give an average balance of the past 2 months on their official letter.

Thanks for your help!
Hey - did this end up working for you? I use Charles Schwab as well and I am working on getting my financial proof together and I am hoping the balance letter is sufficient.

jc19

Aug 4, 2021
Hey - did this end up working for you? I use Charles Schwab as well and I am working on getting my financial proof together and I am hoping the balance letter is sufficient.
Hi, did it work for you because I too have my funds with Charles Schwab and plan to submit the same for OINP

Whiskieblue

Sep 15, 2020
Hi, did it work for you because I too have my funds with Charles Schwab and plan to submit the same for OINP
Sorry for the super late response. I ended up calling my bank and telling them exactly what I needed included on the letter, and they were able to produce a custom one for me.