+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone here sponsoring spouse from sri lanka?

ceahM

Apr 23, 2011
I am currently sponsoring my husband from sri lanka...the processing has been started june 2010 and yet until now there is no progress on RCMP report/background check...Is there's anyone knows ..how long this RCMP/background would it take?
..how long would be the usual processing time of sponsoring spouse from sri lanka?
...should i call immigration of canada for updates?

I hope someone can help me here cause I am dying on waiting for my husband to come back here in canada...specially my daughter seems looking for a father now as she grew older...

thanks for the concern..

saifsmarty

Apr 4, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
ceahM said:
I am currently sponsoring my husband from sri lanka...the processing has been started june 2010 and yet until now there is no progress on RCMP report/background check...Is there's anyone knows ..how long this RCMP/background would it take?
..how long would be the usual processing time of sponsoring spouse from sri lanka?
...should i call immigration of canada for updates?

I hope someone can help me here cause I am dying on waiting for my husband to come back here in canada...specially my daughter seems looking for a father now as she grew older...

thanks for the concern..
wow , ur case has somehow resemblance with mine .but im in process at islamabad,pk. depennds what was ur husbands status in canada ... if he was illegal or refused refugee then it will take long time . my back ground took 2 years "even i came back to pakistan in time and nothing was against me". when i left my baby boy was just one and half yr old and now hes turned 5 yrs old and im still in process at islamabad office. 42 mnths r pased .well , my background is over now and all is done and hoping that soon wil hear a gud news ,inshalah . anyway , stay positive ,dont be up set .all will be fine . u can check witth cic after 3 mnths online and or send e-mail and u will know up dates .thx

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/processing-time-for-spousal-visa-sri-lanka-t60979.0.html;msg753928#msg753928

we are all debating this matter on the above link. please feel free to drop in and check it out. there's about 8 different ppl in similar situations from the colombo visa office. its kinda the main thread for sri lankans :)

DonEranga

Feb 2, 2013
sponsoring spouse from sri lanka

Hi All
I went to Canada in 2002 sep 27 as a foreign student. At the end of my student visa period in 2004 I applied for refugee status. Which got rejected in 2005 followed by a failed appeal for RIB decision. After that I applied for PR under humanitarian compassionate grounds. This was 2005 and due to a misunderstanding with my previous legal counsel I forgot to update my address and missed a letter of request to show up at CBSA. What followed by was a deportation order that I wasn't aware of up until 2010. Once I explained what happened to CBSA officer He gave me an option to apply for PRRA in 2010. During this time I met my current wife at my Job and soon we started dating. In january 27, 2011 my PRRA application and HNC application received a negative decision. As I was heart broken and thinking of returning to Sri Lanka then my girl friend propose me to marry her. So we got married in 2011 feb 28. since we newly married, and didn't want to go through a separation I disobey my deportation order and stay with my wife while preparing to file for spousal sponsorship. In 2012 oct 27 my wife and I leave Canada voluntarily to proceed further with our application. My wife come to sri lanka and meet my family and relatives. Today she went back to Canada to be see her parents and spend some time with her friends. Dear friends it's an unfortunate that I met the love of my life at a difficult time. And we've been through so much for such little time. i have so many proofs to prove our love and our marriage is genuine. Please tell what's ahead of us and how long will it take for me to reunite with her in Canada? Also since my history isn't well, do you think i'd have a hard time getting back to Canada? Thanks
By the way i'm from Sri Lanka and my wife is canadian by birth.