+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got switched from PGWP to Open Work Permit recently (~~with PGWP Expiring & CEC being Paused~~)???

Mayu11

Jan 22, 2022
Category........
CEC
Hi All, My PGWP is expiring in 6-7 weeks. When talking to a immigration Lawyer, they asked me to apply for a Open Work Permit Extension. I understand PGWP is issued only once for a person for 3 years and cannot be extended after that. I have the following question which I couldn't find an answer in the cic website. I was hoping if someone could help me out here.... :(

1. Anyone got converted from PGWP to Open Work Permit recently? Can you please share your inputs?

2. I can ask my employer for a LMIA application for an employer specific WP, but my current PGWP would get expired before hearing back on the LMIA result. Worried about loosing status in that gap as well. Anybody know how to mitigate this?

3. PNP option can be pursued - I am thinking Human Capital Priorities Stream - But I am not sure how one would get an NOI for this PARTICULAR stream?
DO i need to create my profile (not register) in the e-filing portal for this stream? Or is this random selected by the Provincial Government? ( I have an CEC Profile in the pool, Have said YES to Provincial Nominee just for Ontario)

Hoping for someone with their insights here... Thanks :)

Last edited: