+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ANYONE FROM KENYA STUDYING IN B.C( T.W.E OR S.F U)

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really would like to meet up with guys from this region attending Trinity Western university or Simon Fraser University.How are student jobs paying on campus basis.Am yet to join.Those with info,how is off campus housing rates.
Contribution from anyone is highly appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Habil said:
I really would like to meet up with guys from this region attending Trinity Western university or Simon Fraser University.How are student jobs paying on campus basis.Am yet to join.Those with info,how is off campus housing rates.
Contribution from anyone is highly appreciated.
1. Probably not many on-campus jobs at TWU more at SFU, but more competition. Probably slightly above minimum wage.
2. Off campus accommodation for SFU, expensive TWU you realize is in Langley? I hope you have transportation there. You should use Google Maps to see the location, as it is in the midst of farm land.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks PMM.where are you now,which city in canada?I checked the TWU web site on student jobs but couldnt find anything on the types of jobs that they offer to their students.For S.F.U am yet to explore.Which kinds of jobs are these and must they be professional,in line with what you are studying or even auxilliary jobs or provided its work that youo can do.Averagely how much do they pay or the minimu wage in in both the universities.

K/rgds

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Habil said:
Thanks PMM.where are you now,which city in canada?I checked the TWU web site on student jobs but couldnt find anything on the types of jobs that they offer to their students.For S.F.U am yet to explore.Which kinds of jobs are these and must they be professional,in line with what you are studying or even auxilliary jobs or provided its work that youo can do.Averagely how much do they pay or the minimu wage in in both the universities.

K/rgds
The on campus jobs are basically working in the food court etc. , unskilled type jobs. The minimum wage is $8.00 per hour. The Universities don't offer jobs on campus, it is up to you to find them and apply for them. They don't have to be in line with your studies. You have to be a registered student to use the job board here: http://www.sfu.ca/wil/symplicity/