+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied to NAIT from SRI LANKA

sugith_k

Aug 22, 2011
Hi,
I am selected to study in NAIT. But the consultant who I hired says that I cannot apply for an Institute and get a visa from Sri Lanka. He says, it has to be a University unless I cannot apply. I am having a Degree in IT already and I applied for a Technical management degree in NAIT which runs for 2 years.

Why can't I apply for an Institute which has a course for 2 years? if I apply to a Uni, it takes 3 or 4 years to do such a course. But this particular course isn't even available in University of Alberta.

Please write to me if you have any idea of applying to an Institute over a university.

//S

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sugith_k said:
Hi,
I am selected to study in NAIT. But the consultant who I hired says that I cannot apply for an Institute and get a visa from Sri Lanka. He says, it has to be a University unless I cannot apply. I am having a Degree in IT already and I applied for a Technical management degree in NAIT which runs for 2 years.

Why can't I apply for an Institute which has a course for 2 years? if I apply to a Uni, it takes 3 or 4 years to do such a course. But this particular course isn't even available in University of Alberta.

Please write to me if you have any idea of applying to an Institute over a university.

//S
first congrats ! NIAT, along with SIAT, in Alberta is one of the best institute in Canada (even much better thn lots of other University!)

Second, your consultant is only trying to make your fool. Do not trust him ! Just visit Embassy website and download all forms and apply for the same. The whole process is very simple.

here we have many friends who holds University Degree but got visa for school level courses.

sugith_k

Aug 22, 2011
enfield said:
first congrats ! NIAT, along with SIAT, in Alberta is one of the best institute in Canada (even much better thn lots of other University!)

Second, your consultant is only trying to make your fool. Do not trust him ! Just visit Embassy website and download all forms and apply for the same. The whole process is very simple.

here we have many friends who holds University Degree but got visa for school level courses.
Thank you for your reply.
Are you a sri lankan? the consultant said now the embassy doesn't give visa to any srilankan who apply for an institute. He said they will just reject it with a different excuse. may be saying that you would not return to Sri Lanka again.

I don't know what I should do
//S

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sugith_k said:
Thank you for your reply.
Are you a sri lankan? the consultant said now the embassy doesn't give visa to any srilankan who apply for an institute. He said they will just reject it with a different excuse. may be saying that you would not return to Sri Lanka again.

I don't know what I should do
//S
What your agent is saying is based more on presumptions rather thn proved facts ! Most of the students got rejected because of the course selection which is not compatible with the prior studies, work , if any. And such things "almost always" happens at school/institute level (its rare of Universities to admit as such).

I am not a Lankan.

sugith_k

Aug 22, 2011
He said, Canadian embassy of Sri Lanka never approve a visa for institutes now. He said all who applied for colleges and institutes got rejected.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sugith_k said:
He said, Canadian embassy of Sri Lanka never approve a visa for institutes now. He said all who applied for colleges and institutes got rejected.
On this forum we all are students, so we won't say anything to misguide anyone. I strongly believe that your agent is trying to make business out of you. May be he isn't getting any monetary benefits from NIAT for your candidature.

I repeat once again, just visit CHC Lanka website and read each and every sentence. You shall come to know what rules say.

RABB RAKHA

Aug 3, 2011
Hi sugith. i also applied in NAIT alberta 2 year prog. ( digital media and it)
applied my file on 25 july but till no answer from embassy
i am from india(punjab)

wanna join me on fb tell me ur id i will send u frnd rqst. 8) :)

engr.khan

Aug 21, 2011
well its true... embassy nw a dayz give lesser visas to diplomas as compared t degrees... otherwise f u apply for visa u'll get rejection on the following basis:
1) u'll nt return to ur country at the end of ur stay.
2) purpose of visit.
3) travel history (if any)

better b in strong position before applying...

sugith_k

Aug 22, 2011
NAIT has a bachelors degree. I have a degree in IT and I am willing to follow the Bachelors in Technology Management. I cannot apply for a masters since my GPA is low. This is the best option I can have for the moment. This degree takes only 2 years and even to follow this degree, you need to have a degree in IT or a diploma in IT.

Do you think I have a possibility of getting a visa?

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request