+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any tips for IELTS?

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Hello everyone.

I'm prepping for IELTS exams that I will take on Dec 19th.

I am doing the usual complimentary course study from British Council. Would that be enough? Any tips or suggestion :) ?

Also, I am planning for May 2021 enrollment. Are the admission/visa process going smooth now?

Thanks

Kitkat2020

Feb 6, 2020
Hello, you can also watch youtube videos. There are many youtubers with useful videos on IELTs. You just need to find one that connects more with you. I watched a few and eventually settled with E2 IELTS with Jay..but that was my preference.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Writing: Don't overwrite, block your essay in paragraphs, and use subordinate clauses to summarise the crux of your essay when possible in the introduction and conclusion. Address all prompts provided to you in the questions. Be sure to start your paragraphs with a topic sentence.

Listening: Practice several listening papers, there is a rhythm to it, you need to master that before taking the exam, and look at your question paper as the conversation proceeds, which will keep you prompted for the answer when it appears.

Speaking: Be cool, calm and collected, don't analyse yourself while taking the test, treat it as a normal conversation. Use the opportunity to write down bullet points for part 2 and try to talk for a long as you can about the subject (don't be put off if the examiner interrupts you), and try to demonstrate your fluency to the best of your abilities especially in the long turn, but do so without forcing it. Use natural language and expressions, but also showcase your vocabulary when appropriate.

Reading: Scan passages quickly, make a mental note of the main ideas in each paragraph, and then get straight to answering the questions. The questions will usually be related to a specific paragraph. Use Not Given when the answer to the question is not clearly present in the passage.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharan2410

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Thank you so much guys. Any update if Canada has started giving out visas to students again and also if Indian students are able to enter Canada?

Thanks