+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any reply is welcome

mokrane

Sep 22, 2024
Hi! I'm 55 years old. I'm married and father of 02 kids and 01 little girl of 15 moths old. My wife is 38 years old. She is a housewife. She speaks French and Arabic well. She is an expert in traditional organic sourdough bread. She finished high school. But she didn't pass the baccalaureate. I speak French fluently, English fluently, Arabic fluently. I have a Bachelors degree in English. I have several years of experience in diverse fields such as teaching, tourism, sales, import/export etc..I have a good command of computers and software. Do you think I have chance to apply for a work visa in Canada ? Which province do you think is best suited to my profile? Thanks

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Nobody can just apply for a work visa. You need to find an employer that would want to hassle with your work permit and LMIA.

You can apply for EE with your French, you have a good chance.

Reactions: mokrane

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Calculate if you are eligible for Express Entry with at 67 selection points. You get no points for age. If eligible then see CRS score. Get ECA for degree, take IELTS and TEF for language and show funds for number of people in your family.

If not eligible, then chances are low. You would need to find an employe/PR has your education, language, work experience to apply for closed work permit. Another option is francophone mobility program with a job offer.

Age is really against you as immigration programs are based on people in their 20s and mid-30s.

How old are your children?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

mokrane

Sep 22, 2024
Calculate if you are eligible for Express Entry with at 67 selection points. You get no points for age. If eligible then see CRS score. Get ECA for degree, take IELTS and TEF for language and show funds for number of people in your family.

If not eligible, then chances are low. You would need to find an employe/PR has your education, language, work experience to apply for closed work permit. Another option is francophone mobility program with a job offer.

Age is really against you as immigration programs are based on people in their 20s and mid-30s.

How old are your children?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html
My boys are 11 and 14 years old. My little girl is 15 months

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My boys are 11 and 14 years old. My little girl is 15 months
So calculate if you are eligible for Express Entry. I don’t think you are eligible. If not, then you need to find a job offer with LMIA and you need to show that you have the work experience, education, and language skills to do the job.

Being 55, you are at a disadvantage because some Canadians are about to retire. Canadian immigration is focused on young people, not people who are senior age and may need more medical care and social assistance.

Do you have the funds to settle in Canada, not including medicals, language tests, application fees, airfare.

mokrane

Sep 22, 2024
So calculate if you are eligible for Express Entry. I don’t think you are eligible. If not, then you need to find a job offer with LMIA and you need to show that you have the work experience, education, and language skills to do the job.

Being 55, you are at a disadvantage because some Canadians are about to retire. Canadian immigration is focused on young people, not people who are senior age and may need more medical care and social assistance.

Do you have the funds to settle in Canada, not including medicals, language tests, application fees, airfare.
Yes! I have enough funds to settle in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes! I have enough funds to settle in Canada.
Ok so you have the 40-50k plus airfare. You need to find an employer willing to hire a 55 year old to go through the LMIA process. Having a good command of computers…so you have coding skills? You have a degree in English which doesn’t really translate into any specific skill. Honestly your chances are so low to find an employer as you don’t seem to have a niche skill/job that Canadian or PRs cannot do. You have to prove that no Canadians/PR have your skills, education and language to do the job. You are competing against 30 year old with Masters degrees.

Don’t spend too much time on this because Canada is really not an option.

Last edited:
Reactions: mokrane