+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any opinions would be very appreciated :)

my_me

Jun 20, 2009
Hi guys,

I've read many topics here and they are very helpful!! Here is my case. I will be very grateful if any opinions are given.

I'm being sponsored by my fiance (canadian citizen) and I live with him in Edmonton, AB for about 2 years.

We sent the applications for inland PR (common-law partner) on Nov 12, 2008 and

We'd heard nothing from CIC vegraville, untill we got 2 letters (at the same time) from them on June 19, 2009.

One letter is for my fiance saying that he's eligible to be a sponsor and another letter is for me saying below

" you meet the eligibilty requirments to apply for pR status "
" we are pleased to advise you the processing of your application has been completed and the CIC in Edmonton will contact you concerning your permanent resident status "
" the final decision concerning the granting of PR status will be made at the time of appointment " (what appointment?)

They also stated that I have to pay $490 if I become PR.

What do you guys think about this? I'm kinda confused cos' from what I read in this website, a sponsor will get a letter shortly after applications were sent. So why did i get 2 letters at the same time after 7 mths ><" And do you think if I'll be required for an interview?

Thank you very much in advance for any helps and comments,

ME

my_me

Jun 20, 2009
No comments for me T.T

Plssss if you have any ideas or just wanna share your experiences

Thanks!!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there, I don't know much about inland and common -law partner, but from the letter you got, I guess it is good news, by saying the processing of your application is complete and to pay the PRF 490$.
As far as I know, all the inland application goes into interview, I guess they called landing interview.
Don't count much on my info, since what I said is based on stuff that I read over this forum and not personal experience, other people with more info will reply to you, but it is still early, most of them are asleep now, I live in Lebanon..
Good luck

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
The first letter, the one the sponsor would've gotten shortly after the application was sent, would only say "we have received your application, we will contact you again in 6 months". I'm not sure if they send this or not. Either way, you not getting it is not an issue, don't worry about it.

The sponsorship was now approved and your application was transfered to Edmonton. They will be contacting you to let you know what steps are next. Hopefully, they'll just invite you to come to a landing interview - it's just a formality, you show up there and get your PR. If you haven't paid the $490 fee yet, they will ask you to pay that as well.

I can't say if you'll need to go for an interview from what you've told, it all depends on if the IO in Edmonton is happy with all the evidence you supplied or not. So far, everything is still ok from what I know.

I'm no expert on inland applications, but I think you've nothing to worry about so far.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It sounds like you have what is called first stage approval. If you are already on a work permit or student visa, then you don't really have to do anything, just go on with your life and wait for your PR. If you however wanted to get an open work permit, you can apply for one now if you didn't already.

my_me

Jun 20, 2009
Thank you for the comments. I'll let you guys know when they cantact me or if I have an interview....

Leon, they did say in the letter that i can be able to apply for a work permit now if I want.

Before, I was confused why I got only one letter and everthing is all said in the letter like "you meet the requirement, processing has been completed, local CIC office will contact you" sth like this. But with you guys' comments, I can feel more relief.

Thanks, everyone. I will keep update!!

ME

Kristi

Jun 2, 2009
I received a similar letter in the mail on June 1st, and after looking through the forum I THINK it means that we got our first stage of approval and decision made at the exact same time. When I log onto E-cas, everything is finished and there has been a "decision made". We are very lucky that they were able to finish the applicaton in Vegreville. Many people have first stage of approval and wait months and years longer. Others on this site have said that after receiving this letter, they get another letter from the local CIC office telling them when to come in for their landing appointment. They will have lots of PR applicants there and you meet briefly with an officer who asks you three basic questions ( have you committed a crime, do you have any dependents, if everything true) and then they stamp your landing papers and hurray, you are a permanent resident. They will give you an SIN number at this time and you have to wait ANOTHER 30 days for your PR card. They could still have doubts and maybe ask you to prove yourself more, but they will contact you and let you know if that is the case. "Decision Made" means its all done and now you have to wait for the CIC office. I called the Call Centre and they told me that Ottawa (my local office) is averaging 3 months from receiving the letter to landing. (and it's killing me waiting...especially being this close)

On another note, after 3 months (if you are still waiting) you can apply for an OHIP card using the paper that you received in the mail. It needs to be 3 months from the date on the paper.

It's exciting to be this close, isn't it???

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Coming from Alberta, I don't think my_me will be applying for OHIP ;)

Best to check about the health insurance. From what I gathered, in BC (where I'm heading), you can apply before you actually live there for 3 months as it takes a while to processed. You're not covered until you've lived there for 3 months though.

my_me

Jun 20, 2009
Oh yaaaaa it's soooo exciting...Kristi and Mitamata!! from your info, you know what, you just made my day!! I'm so happy. Before this, I was scared that I have to go for the relationship interview (not landing interview). Not that I have sth to hide but my fiance has really BAD memory. he can't remember any kind of detail info geezzzzz. lol

Kriti, 3 mths for you to wait for a landing appointment!! THAT IS VERY LONG (I think we won't feel it's long if we're not waiting for something lol) I think you'll get it earlier than 3 mths. I heard from many sites that agents of CIC call centre always tell us the worst case sinario. I dont know if that's true but it doesn't hurt to believe lol. my E-CAS shows the same thing as yours (decision made)...By the way, what's OHIP? Do I need it it? I mean I've been in Edmonton for 2 yrs and I have Alberta Health Care as well as BlueCross of my fiance. I also have SIN card but it's for international person though...

Mitamata, you're heading to BC. That's awesome!! when are you gonna be there in BC or you're already there?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I have a flight booked for July 27th :)
Been very busy with wrapping up things here. I'm graduating tomorrow and then I have a month to pack. Still no clue how I'll make that happen, but I can't wait to see my husband again. It's been almost 9 months now.

I'll also be visiting Edmonton later this year. Husband has a lot of family there, we're even thinking of maybe having another wedding like reception there. His family missed the wedding, so we want to give them something.

OHIP is Ontario Health Insurance Plan, which you won't need. Unless you'll be moving to Ontario. Good to hear you have the health insurance covered :)
And yes, most processing time posted anywhere or given by CIC agents are usually worse than most people experience. It's just a guideline really. Solid applications finish sooner, more complicated ones take longer. Though I think the landing interview times are pretty accurate I'm afraid. CIC offices in Canada are just that busy it seems.

my_me

Jun 20, 2009
Ooo nice!! and congratulation for your graduation!! I know it's gonna be a month of packing for you lol.

You and your husband are apart for 9 mths!! That's crazy!! I bet you might be missing him so much :(

Anyway, you're coming!! Welcome to Canada!!

I hope I'll be the next to hear that words. T.T

ME