+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Opinions or experiences on this issue?

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
Hi all,

I am finally about ready to submit my application for my wife (thai, married three years) to be sponsored by me to go to Canada. We currently live in Thailand and have for the last three years. We have an 18 month old son that we prefer to raise and educate in Canada. He already has his Canadian citizenship and passport so no issues there. My wife previously in 2008 applied for and received a visitors Visa to Canada and we spent two months there that summer.

I think our application is rock solid having traveled to many places in the world together having known each other for over five years and having been married for over four by the time our application would hit Singapore. Everything else I think ticks all their boxes very cleanly.

The one and only thing I am unsure about is our finances, we own a couple of business in Bangkok that pay us very good yearly profits (roughly 75k CAD) and we do not have to be involved in the day to day operations we have a full time manager and accountant that deals with that stuff for us. We would sell it in time but obviously until we know exactly when my wife is allowed to go to Canada how can they expect us to sell it and give up all our income and just wait? Seems kinda short sighted, plus while waiting to sell it once approved we can move to Canada and continue to receive the income monthly, then once sold receive the lump sum. It would seem to me that this shows we will not be a burden on the social system in Canada when we land. We also have another 300k EUR or so in Stock holdings that we can liquidate over time.

So when they ask the question about what proof can I show that we are serious about relocating to Canada full time we have a letter from my Mom staying we can stay at her house in Canada as she spends most of her time in California now anyway and she has stated it's an open ended offer. Would be ok if I then just wrote a letter detailing the business we own and our plans on what to do based upon approval etc.. I would of course include our business registration documents and our financial records for the last three years, make sense?

Someone told me that showing we are not actively trying to sell the business now might make them think we are hedging our bets if she is not approved but I can't see in what alternate universe she would be turned down... so what say you, put the business up for sale now, show that or explain why we are not and hope it make sense to them???

Thanks for any and all input. This is my one sticking point.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you need to sell your business in Thailand.  Instead you can just tell CIC that you are intending to set up your headquarters somewhere in Canada. Make up a business plan makes more sense.