+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information about the 1,000 cap?

olowo

Sep 8, 2010
Last I checked, there wasn't really any clarity on how the Canadian Government would determine the 1,000 cap by category. I've read threads where some wrote that the cap is based on applications received while in other threads, people wrote that the 1,000 cap would only apply to processed applications.

If the cap applies to received/sent applications then wouldn't people game the system by submitting incomplete applications just to get a treasured spot among the 1st 1,000 applications received in Nova Scotia? In order to stymie cheating, I presume the Canadian Government would disqualify incomplete applications but then that won't be fair to applicants who made honest mistakes.

I guess the entire process post Just 26th is just one huge black box. I hope some experts can provide some clarity. I intend to apply but at this stage I'm weighing the cost of applying considering that 1,000 applications can be easily filled.

I look forward to reading some useful information. Thanks!!

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
There is no room for honest mistakes with the 1000 cap. If we make mistakes its our fault, we have to reapply.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
The wording says that only 1000 will be "considered for processing".

To me this means once they leave CIO and go to VO for processing. If your application is returned by CIO you have not reserved any place in your NOC. If you make it past CIO to VO then you do.

At least that's how I read it. Otherwise it would be a bit unfair to go through all the expensive process including medicals only to be turned down at the last minute because your NOC is full. I can't see any way they can justify taking $550 from you and then saying "sorry, NOC's full" later on.

If they would clarify this a bit better on their website, however, it would help.

Wayne.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Cappuccino said:
The wording says that only 1000 will be "considered for processing".

To me this means once they leave CIO and go to VO for processing. If your application is returned by CIO you have not reserved any place in your NOC. If you make it past CIO to VO then you do.

At least that's how I read it. Otherwise it would be a bit unfair to go through all the expensive process including medicals only to be turned down at the last minute because your NOC is full. I can't see any way they can justify taking $550 from you and then saying "sorry, NOC's full" later on.

If they would clarify this a bit better on their website, however, it would help.

Wayne.
They already did from the beginning, once the NOC is full then all applications will be returned and a refund issued.

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If NOC is full, I read they would return from the point of receiving, means they would not encash the DD or charge the CC.

May be I am worng, where the below mentiomn information is given

PMM said:
Hi

They already did from the beginning, once the NOC is full then all applications will be returned and a refund issued.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pun123 said:
If NOC is full, I read they would return from the point of receiving, means they would not encash the DD or charge the CC.

May be I am worng, where the below mentiomn information is given
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob218.asp