+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any May applicants still waiting for student visa? (NON-SDS)

aditisethi5

Apr 18, 2024
Application Submitted from India - 10th May
Biometrics attached - 12th May
Background check - started 20th May (still in progress)
No updates after that
Eligibility - not started
Medical - not started (I don't need)

I reached out to my local MP a while ago and they got back to me on the 22nd of August stating that my application has passed criminality and all else was yet to commence. They also mentioned that IRCC has noted that the application has passed the processing time and has alerted the processing office. There has been no update after that.

manpreet27

Sep 10, 2013
No updates after that

I reached out to my local MP a while ago and they got back to me on the 22nd of August stating that my application has passed criminality and all else was yet to commence. They also mentioned that IRCC has noted that the application has passed the processing time and has alerted the processing office. There has been no update after that.
Applied 17th May
Biometric updated 23rd May
Medical updated 30th May
Eligibility updated 14th June as In progress
Background In Progress
No update after that

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you have an approved study permit but need TRV to enter Canada? W
No updates after that

So from past posts, you have an approved study permit but need the TRV to enter Canada? So it is processing for a TRV and you would need to factor in passport stamping. Is that correct? Can you start online?

aditisethi5

Apr 18, 2024
So you have an approved study permit but need TRV to enter Canada? W

So from past posts, you have an approved study permit but need the TRV to enter Canada? So it is processing for a TRV and you would need to factor in passport stamping. Is that correct? Can you start online?
Yes, I have a study permit but not a TRV. I've spoken to my professors and they've been really nice and allowed me to start online for the first few weeks. My local MP had also raised an inquiry on my behalf and IRCC informed them that I had passed criminality and all else was yet to commence. They also mentioned that IRCC has noted that my application has passed the processing time and alerted the processing office. I received this update on 22nd August but there has been no update after that.

I'm just worried that if I can't make it back on time, I will face financial penalties for dropping courses late and will not be able to graduate for another year. I started uni in 2020 and then had to take a drop year after that due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, so I'm already a year behind.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I have a study permit but not a TRV. I've spoken to my professors and they've been really nice and allowed me to start online for the first few weeks. My local MP had also raised an inquiry on my behalf and IRCC informed them that I had passed criminality and all else was yet to commence. They also mentioned that IRCC has noted that my application has passed the processing time and alerted the processing office. I received this update on 22nd August but there has been no update after that.

I'm just worried that if I can't make it back on time, I will face financial penalties for dropping courses late and will not be able to graduate for another year. I started uni in 2020 and then had to take a drop year after that due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, so I'm already a year behind.
So you left Canada without a TRV or applying for one. Do you still need to have the passport stamped because you need to factor that in even if approved today. Hopefully you get a response soon. If MP is involved nothing much you can do.

aditisethi5

Apr 18, 2024
I extended my study permit in Canada but had to leave before attaining a TRV. Since the processing time for a TRV was only 31 days from India, and I was visiting for 4 months, I thought I'd be able to get it in time. I applied on the 10th of May. The current processing time is 70 days, and my application has been submitted for 114 days today. I'm really hoping it comes through for me soon. Thank you so much for your help!