+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any body applied to Tokyo office??

shabet

Jul 7, 2009
HI!
How do you do? I am applying at Tokyo office. I hope we shall exchange valuable information.
Good luck

okshan819

Star Member
Sep 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7th, 2009
Doc's Request.
February 17th, 2009
AOR Received.
August 5th, 2009
Med's Request
February 18th, 2010
Med's Done....
February 26th, 2010
Interview........
WAIVED I THINK
Passport Req..
APRIL 28TH, ALONG WITH RPRF FEES
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/2010 issued date and received visa 05/15
LANDED..........
Planning to land on June 28th if God permits.
Hi I applied from Japan also. I got my AOR from the visa office in Tokyo in July and till now there is no any other update. I am still waiting for my medicals or if not approved then a rejection letter. Either way it takes time for the Tokyo visa office to respond to cases. So, we should just hang in there and wait patiently.

Good luck to all of us and keep this thread alive so we can share our opinions here and keep each other updated.

shakira2009

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
first Manila, now Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2005
AOR Received.
06-11-2005
File Transfer...
10-10-2009
Med's Request
25-01-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
Hi, I didn't actually apply in Japan, but my papers are currently being processed by CIC Tokyo. It's been a VERY LONG wait for me, because first I applied in Manila in 2005, then I got my file transferred to Tokyo last year, almost unprocessed :mad:

But I was able to update the file in Nov 2009 and more recently they requested me to do the medicals.

Based on my previous experience dealing with the Canadian consulate in Tokyo I can say that they're quite fast. In the past I had to apply for visitor visas and each time they were very reasonable and quick. And I have friends (Japanese and other nationalities) who say the same.

Perhaps what's taking longer in your cases is that your papers are from countries "unfamiliar" to the visa office staff (?), and they want to verify thoroughly due to their cautiousness / risk aversion / precision-orientation (if you've been in this country enough time, you'll know what I'm talking about!).

Anyway, I guess it's a question of being patient.... Good luck everyone :)

Mohammadreza

Sep 4, 2009
Hi everybody
I applied through tokyo office and unfortunately I got rejected last week. The reason was they reduced 4 points on behalf of my work experience and gave me 64 points. I am still wondering what to do!!
Absoulutely they are wrong in calculation.
There could be only one explanation which is they reduced my military service period from my experience. Probably because they do not know that in my country you can become a university lecturer to teach to fill human resources in demand. I worked 3 years at the university as a lecturer in which my military service was included. Probably they reduced 21 months from it based on my certificate of military service ending and wrote me "less than two years" experience. I also had 1 year experience (at the time of application was about 8 months) as postdoc and also another 5 months from another institution.

Does anybody know if I can ask for reconsideration? or asking for meeting the officer?

I am preparing a letter but I dont know if it works or not.

gaizin

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-9-2009
AOR Received.
04-12-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2010
HI Mohammadreza,
Sorry to hear your case.
By the way, where are you originally from?
I also applied trhough Tokyo office under 4121 and I am afraid that my case would follow the same?
What is your NOC code, by the way?

WIsh you all the best ahead.

Gaizin

gaizin

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-9-2009
AOR Received.
04-12-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2010
HI to all living in Japan.
do you anyone know any official authority who can notorize the certificates?
As I did my bachelor degree from India and the university do not issue multiple transcripts or graduate certificates. So, I submitted my final documents with just the copy of my original bachelar degree because I did not know any authority in Japan who notorize them.?

Do anyone know any official authority in Japan that can notorize the certificates?
ANy help and feedback are apreciated.

Thanks.

Gaizin
Appliced under NOC 4121

shakira2009

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
first Manila, now Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2005
AOR Received.
06-11-2005
File Transfer...
10-10-2009
Med's Request
25-01-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
gaizin said:
HI to all living in Japan.
do you anyone know any official authority who can notorize the certificates?
As I did my bachelor degree from India and the university do not issue multiple transcripts or graduate certificates. So, I submitted my final documents with just the copy of my original bachelar degree because I did not know any authority in Japan who notorize them.?

Do anyone know any official authority in Japan that can notorize the certificates?
ANy help and feedback are apreciated.

Thanks.

Gaizin
Appliced under NOC 4121
Hi there,

Back in 2005, I used the services of a Notary Public (koshonin) in Shinjuku because I had to notarize a couple of employment contracts issued in Japan. All I did is to go to the Notary Public's office with my documents, explaining that I needed to submit them to the Canadian authorities for immigration purposes. They didn't ask further questions and just proceeded to issue their official documents consisting of a couple of papers with lots of stamps, attached to the documents I brought to them. I think I waited a couple of days to get them. And I paid about 10,000 yen per document :eek:

Here's an explanation of notarization & authentication services:
http://www.koshonin.gr.jp/en.html

and their list of offices:
http://www.koshonin.gr.jp/sho.html

However please note:
- I submitted these to Manila in 2005. Things/conditions may be different for the Tokyo office -you'd better check directly with them.
- If you decide to use a koshonin, you need to speak Japanese to them, as there are no interpreters in their offices.

... perhaps it's easier (and cheaper) if you notarize your degree's copy in India ?

gaizin

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-9-2009
AOR Received.
04-12-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2010
Dear Shakira,
Thanks for your infos. Arigatou.
I can speak Japanese, so I hope there would be no problem.
going back to India just for this certificate does not make any sense for me.
Thanks again.

Gaizin