+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any advice??

guidinglight

Jan 3, 2010
I am female in 20ties from the Caribbean. I am thinking of moving to Canada.I can't afford University. My first option was the USA because I have siblings there.Two illegally, but they are trying to get married to US citizens not just to anyone because they don't believe in only marrying for status. It would take me about 10 years to get residency status in the US, even though my sister is an American, thats the law in her state. Plus I am afraid of crime in the states as a single female. I want to move because crime here is too high for a small country. Its too expensive very few oppitunities to advance your living conditions. Not that my country is extremely poor compare to some in this region. The majority of the people who live middle class to upper class lives are those who schooled in the USA,CANADA or the UK and know some people in banks government, or got money from selling Drugs. I'm thinking of doing it in the next couple of months. I was saving for a while now but I know it will run out. I plan to visit on a vacation or visitor visa and not going back home.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you overstay and become illegal it will only make it harder for you to get Permanent Residence legally...

rk2009

Nov 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Was Buffalo now NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
28-10-2009
Med's Request
30-11-2009
Med's Done....
22-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-1-2010
VISA ISSUED...
12-2-2010
LANDED..........
30-04-2010
This might be something you may have already tried or know about but there might be some scholarships http://www.univforum.com/canadian-scholarships.html that you can take a look at.

It might be a lot of effort but I have seen people getting scholarships and studying abroad and settling succesfully. In the US the F1 visa offers a similar opportunity.

Given the FSW requirements and that you have no family in Canada, this might be your best bet.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are many ways, all, none or some of which may be open to you depending on your personal qualifications. If you go to www.cic.gc.ca and click on "Immigrate" you will find more information there.

guidinglight said:
How can I become a Permanent Residence legally?

guidinglight

Jan 3, 2010
The only ''skill'' I have is Child Care(my current job). The scholarship are for Canadian students.

Thanks for the information.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
guidinglight said:
The only ''skill'' I have is Child Care(my current job). The scholarship are for Canadian students.

Thanks for the information.
So you can apply to the live in caregiver program and once you worked as caregiver under the program for 24 months in three years you can apply for permanent residency.

guidinglight

Jan 3, 2010
job_seeker said:
So you can apply to the live in caregiver program and once you worked as caregiver under the program for 24 months in three years you can apply for permanent residency.
Thanks. Is there a specific website or government agency,or can I apply to any caregiver agency in Canada?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
guidinglight said:
Thanks. Is there a specific website or government agency,or can I apply to any caregiver agency in Canada?
Search the national job bank, kijiji.ca for possible employers. Email the prospective employer.