+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any advice on reapplying for temp visitors?

mattkbye

Jan 4, 2010
Hey, so a little back story. It's probably the same story you here in all these threads, me and my girlfriend have been dating for 10months in china. I am a teacher here and have been gone from home for a year and with the olympics coming up in feb(and my family having multiple tickets for it*won early lottery for it!*) we decided it would be a good time for me to visit, for my girlfriend to meet my family, and for us to see the olympics in general. So we did the visa application, and applied the necessary information(we completed the checklist that we got from the website). I wasnt thinking much of it since it's the olympics and everything is legit, like we have the tickets and we both plan on coming back to china. But we recieved the visa today and it was denied under the rules " I am not satisfied that you are sufficiently well established and/or have sufficient ties in your country of residence to motivate your departure from canada t the end of your authorised period of stay." I am just wondering if we reapply for the visa what information we could have to prove this? I mean, she isnt rich, she doesnt own property, she doesnt own a car, shes just a normal chinese person. So how can we prove this to the canadian government? I am hoping we can come up with something, since we booked the flight, it's at the time where we both have work off(chinese new year) and I just really want her to see canada, a place where she can finally see a country ran where they care about the people and where she can be in a place where she is actually a human, she will actually have rights. It was just such a disaster with hearing that we got denied, since I didnt think she would get denied, it's the olympics... arent we as a country suppose to open up and let people come and see these great games? sigh... More money in her chinese bank account, is the only thing i can think of. would that help?