+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Android Developer NOC code in Canada

avinash770

Feb 13, 2023
Hello everyone, I have a few questions as I prepare to apply for PR through express entry next week. A brief overview of my experience using timelines:

- Completed Bachelor in CS in 2014-2018 (India)
- 3 years of work experience in India (2018-2021) (Title: Software Engineer)
- Moved to Canada and completed Master's in CS in 2021-2022 (Canadian University)
- 1 Year of work experience in Canada after getting graduated (2022- Present) ( Title: Android Developer)

Now I think have enough points in CEC to apply under express entry. My question is, in India when I was working, the title for my position was "Software Engineer" but yeah I was working as an Android developer, and when I got a new job in Canada after my graduation my position was "Android Developer" only.

So while applying for PR, do I mention 2 different positions although I worked on the same thing? And am wondering what would be the NOC code for both experiences. I am guessing it'd be 21232 - Software developers and programmers but please anyone can confirm the same?

The second question would be, in India since I worked for 3 years, do I need all the payslips from my past company? I.e., getting 36+ paystubs, or is it fine if I just attach the last 12 months or so payslips? (Getting these many payslips from old HR is kinda difficult - they are rude lol)

My final question concerns the CEC draw: given that my profile is under the STEM area, will it just be selected during the STEM draws, or will it also be selected under the "general" category (i.e., whichever draw occurs first) given that my CEC points are above the cut-off?

Last edited: