+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

An intentnational student becomes permanent resident

pikey

Feb 12, 2010
Hello, everyone. I've heard that you can get 50% of your tuition cost back (international students pay twice more than Canadian residents) if you decide to live in Canada after graduating. Is it true or just a rumor? Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pikey said:
Hello, everyone. I've heard that you can get 50% of your tuition cost back (international students pay twice more than Canadian residents) if you decide to live in Canada after graduating. Is it true or just a rumor? Thanks
Rumour

PMM

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
You dont get anything back, but if you turn PR the fees is actually 50% of international students next time you enroll..

rocket7890

Feb 5, 2010
Hi guys,

I m international student in Australia from last one year,my sister is in Manitoba from last two and half year,i logged my application for (mpnp)on last year june 2009,yet not received anything accept temporary file no.,now i am thinking to move manitoba on student visa,does it affect my pr application,does it will delay due to i m already in manitoba or else i get any benefit?i just confuse what to do?bcoz my visa expire here in august so before that i have to take some decision i either go back to my country or move to canada.please help me.

SAHIHL2006

Feb 16, 2010
Hello, everyone.

i want to know after how many years as a international student can apply for permanent residencey visa? is it as a student after three years? i am waiting to hear n help from smene //////////thanks. :)

SAHIHL2006

Feb 16, 2010
SAHIHL2006 said:
Hello, everyone.

i want to know after how many years as a international student can apply for permanent residencey visa? is it as a student after three years as i have heared? i am waiting to hear n help from someone //////////thanks. :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't apply if all you have done in Canada is study unless you qualify for the skilled worker program, that is at least 1 year skilled work experience and 67 or more points on self-assessment. If that is the case, you can apply under category 3 after 1 year in Canada. If you don't qualify for that, you need to graduate your course and apply for a post-grad work permit. If you do at least a 2 year program, you can get a work permit as long as 3 years. In some provinces, you may then be able to apply for PR under a provincial nominee program as a graduate, either just with a job offer or after 6 months of work. You can apply under a provincial program in many provinces as an employee with your employers support and that is as soon as you start working if your employer is ready to sponsor you and you also have a chance to apply under Canadian experience program if you did at least a 2 year course and have worked after that for at least 1 year full time.