+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ambiguity with EE - extending work permit

volkerforster

Jan 25, 2015
Hi,
I used EE to applicate for an extended/new work permit because my permit valid only for 3 more months. I'm here as a foreign worker (LMO), became already a provincial nominee (Saskatchewan) and applied for PR (last year, so the old way and not with EE).

EE send me an email with the following content:
"In your profile, you said that you have a provincial or territorial nomination. Please follow up with the province or territory that agreed to nominate you, and have them confirm to us their intention to nominate you for the Provincial Nominee Program. To do so, you will need to provide the province or territory with your Express Entry profile number: E0xxxx"

There is no FAQ, and no help what tells me, HOW to ask the province to confirm my nomination status. WHO is it, I do have to contact and provide with my EE profile number? Address? Email? I can't imagine at all, that the provincial and the federal government are unable to have a direct communication and ask me to tell one party please to get in contact with the other one?! That's why I think, I misunderstand something. If somebody knows what to do, I appreciate every help.

Thank you,

Volker

Maple_Leafs

Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This whole Express Entry stuff is new to PNP departments too.

I checked Ontario PNP website, they don't have any process for Express Entry yet. I asked Opportunity Ontario (Ontario's PNP Department) the same questions you had, and the representative said "Unfortunately, Express Entry is new to us, and we don't have much information on this. I suggest to call us in February to get some insight about the process".

So, I suggest, asked your PNP department, how would you get your 600 points for PNP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
volkerforster said:
Hi,
I used EE to applicate for an extended/new work permit because my permit valid only for 3 more months. I'm here as a foreign worker (LMO), became already a provincial nominee (Saskatchewan) and applied for PR (last year, so the old way and not with EE).
Your question doesn't make any sense. EE is not for extending work permits. EE is for applying for permanent residency.

volkerforster

Jan 25, 2015
There were some memebers telling me EE would be only for permanent resident applications, not for work permits. I guess, that's not true, because the online questionnaire guided me clear and straight forward to the application. However, I will apply using the traditional way (paperwork).

Thanks