+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am screwed!! Please help!

Halsall1

Apr 11, 2014
I am heartbroken. My 4 children live in Alberta, I need to find away to live near them. What can I do?

I am 32 year old male.
I am a British citizen.
Nobody to sponsor me in Canada.
Not a skilled worker.

They must be a way for me to live near my children! I can't believe that a country like Canada can not see it is beneficial for their father to live near his children.

I was living in Canada on a visitor visa, that expired and I stayed. Yes I know I should of left, but I didn't and that's something I have to live with. I was given an order to leave and a one year ban.

My wife wants a divorce because of my stupidity and won't sponsor me so that is that. No she isn't going to change her mind.

I don't care what I have to do for work when I get there, I just need to be around them.

Surely they must be a way? Please help. Please don't judge me, I know what I should of done, it's already killing me, I just need help.

Thanks

Nick

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Halsall1 said:
I am heartbroken. My 4 children live in Alberta, I need to find away to live near them. What can I do?

I am 32 year old male.
I am a British citizen.
Nobody to sponsor me in Canada.
Not a skilled worker.

They must be a way for me to live near my children! I can't believe that a country like Canada can not see it is beneficial for their father to live near his children.

I was living in Canada on a visitor visa, that expired and I stayed. Yes I know I should of left, but I didn't and that's something I have to live with. I was given an order to leave and a one year ban.

My wife wants a divorce because of my stupidity and won't sponsor me so that is that. No she isn't going to change her mind.

I don't care what I have to do for work when I get there, I just need to be around them.

Surely they must be a way? Please help. Please don't judge me, I know what I should of done, it's already killing me, I just need help.

Thanks

Nick
Go to see a lawyer and see what are your legal options - also, contact a lawyer from your home country / the nearest UK consulate to hear their opinions regarding this issue. Might as well try it -

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
The only way i can see is that you wait for your 1 year ban. Work save some money and come back to Canada and hopefully get 6 months here to spend with your kids . You may be able to get an employer to do a lmo for you and sponsor you . Have a look on line for a company called skyjack or linamar they are always bring people over from the U.k . Also i know there are some hotels in Ontario that are looking for workers and they are willing to sponsor people . I know this because my source tells me that they are hiring foreign workers because they are not getting any replies from Canadians .It's just an idea i know its not near and as close as you would wish to be near your children but you may be able to get your PR that way .

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Short term, there is nothing you can do. Wait for your ban to end, then visit your kids when you can and don't overstay this time.

Long term, get some skills. Learn a trade or something that will allow you to immigrate. You are still young enough and in a few years, you could be immigrating.