+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I supposed to wait for Quebec?

ZeKanucke

Oct 17, 2022
This is asked for sponsoring parents/grandparents from Quebec.
I received the invitation (from Canada) to sponsor my parents, and I am gathering the info.
There are forms I (the sponsor) must present (invitation, IMM 1344, IMM 5768 (not for Quebec), IMM 5409) and forms that my parents (principal applicants) (IMM 0008, IMM 5669, IMM 5406, IMM 5476 (to represent them), and a bunch of sustaining documents.
Everything must be sent BEFORE December 24, 2022.

So, I gathered them all (except the IMM 5768, the financial evaluation, because I live in Quebec), I submitted the file (not yet, but for example's sake).
Now WHAT?
The most important information (for the government) is missing - the financial status.
What are my next steps?

Am I to wait until Quebec sends me whatever I need to complete?
Must this be done BEFORE I send the paperwork to IRCC?
Am I supposed to wait until Canada says OK (without knowing if I fulfill the $$$ requirements) THEN knock on Quebec's door?
Is there a TIMELINE (more like a list of steps) for Quebec?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
I received the invitation (from Canada) to sponsor my parents, and I am gathering the info.
There are forms I (the sponsor) must present (invitation, IMM 1344, IMM 5768 (not for Quebec), IMM 5409) and forms that my parents (principal applicants) (IMM 0008, IMM 5669, IMM 5406, IMM 5476 (to represent them), and a bunch of sustaining documents.

So, I gathered them all (except the IMM 5768, the financial evaluation, because I live in Quebec), I submitted the file (not yet, but for example's sake).
Now WHAT?
The most important information (for the government) is missing - the financial status.
What are my next steps?

Am I supposed to wait until Canada says OK (without knowing if I fulfill the $$$ requirements) THEN knock on Quebec's door?
in short terms you need to wait until you receive the letter from Federal after they go over your application and approve it and then send a copy of this letter with the required forms to Quebec in addition to the fees ( forms are in french ),the waiting period for Quebec is stretched for now they are reviewing application received before :September 8, 2022

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Now WHAT?
What are my next steps?

Then you wait. Processing is taking up to 3 years. There is an additional step for Quebec applicants which is CSQ so applications from Quebec tend to take a bit longer.