+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I still eligible to apply if I am ill..?

laianne

Jun 1, 2009
Greetings,

My boyfriend is Canadian living in Vancouver, B.C. I'm Indonesian currently living in Surabaya, Indonesia.
I am planning to come to Canada and live with him so maybe then we start processing my permanent residence application.
Or I might just try on the Skilled Worker application if it is possible and easier.
But there is one problem, I am ill. I have been detected with HCV positive (hepatitis c).
Will it affect my immigration application?
I hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you in advance. I really appreciate it..

Sincerely,
Anne Lai

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
I'm afraid only CIC can judge whether an ill person is admissible to Canada; not even DMP can make that decision let alone someone on this or any other forum.

But generally speaking, if an illness is a risk to public, i.e. it's contiguous or the illness puts a financial burden on Canadian health system, then there is cause for inadmissibility. In some cases applicants are required to complete treatment before they're granted visa.

In short, only CIC can make the judgment and medical conditions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

laianne

Jun 1, 2009
Thank you...
Do you think CIC Call Centre can answer this for me..?

Thank you again.
I really appreciate it..

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
I'm almost certain that CIC call center can NOT tell you about admissibility to Canada due to a medical condition.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not think you will be denied if your illness is under control. In any case, you will never know if you don't try.