+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I still able to sponsor my husband?

Mar 24, 2024
Hi, I need an advice. Me and my husband got married in 2022 in my home country, got pregnant then had our baby here in Canada. I’m the only parent in his birth certificate because the time that I gave birth to our son (2021) we’re not married yet. Since then, I’ve been putting on my taxes and everything that I’m still single. Would this cause a big problem if I want to sponsor him?

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Hi, I need an advice. Me and my husband got married in 2022 in my home country, got pregnant then had our baby here in Canada. I’m the only parent in his birth certificate because the time that I gave birth to our son (2021) we’re not married yet. Since then, I’ve been putting on my taxes and everything that I’m still single. Would this cause a big problem if I want to sponsor him?
What is your status?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
And pray tell why are you stating you’re single to the Government ?

When you’re not

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/update-your-marital-status-canada-revenue-agency.html

Radmin

Jul 17, 2024
If he is not on the child's birth certificate as you said he must establish parentage through a DNA test, simply telling ircc that he's the father that's not how it works.