+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

am i eligible?

saba2010

Apr 17, 2010
Hi Everyone,

i have been in canada since 2005 as full time student on study permit...i will graduate with B.B.A honor(Math/Economics) and i am currently working in RBC bank on part time basis....what category should i apply under to get PR status as soon as possible??

Thanks,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What categories do you qualify for? If you have at least a one year continuous employment experience and 67 points on self-assessment, you could qualify to apply under the skilled worker program (FSW), category 3.

To apply under PNP as a graduate, you first need to graduate and depending on the province, it may be enough for you to have a job offer or you might have to work for 6 months first.

If you want to apply under CEC, you would need one year full time work after you graduate.

If you don't qualify for FSW, you should look into the PNP in your province. If the PNP in your province is no good for you or if their processing times are long and you end up qualifying for CEC and FSW at the same time, then CEC is faster and less problematic.