+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible to work in Canada?

kjw260476658

Dec 28, 2017
I graduated this winter semester. My study permit indicates I can work under R186(f) criteria.

(f) if they are a full-time student, on the campus of the university or college at which they are a full-time student, for the period for which they hold a study permit to study at that university or college;

Here is my question. Since I graduate the school, I am no longer a full-time student. So will I not be allowed to work before getting my PGWP? I don't have the off-campus work permit and I got my study permit last December. It is valid till 2021.

I got an offer from a company. And they want me to work in the third week of May. Now I am waiting for my PGWP. Can I work while waiting for the PGWP?

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
I graduated this winter semester. My study permit indicates I can work under R186(f) criteria.

(f) if they are a full-time student, on the campus of the university or college at which they are a full-time student, for the period for which they hold a study permit to study at that university or college;

Here is my question. Since I graduate the school, I am no longer a full-time student. So will I not be allowed to work before getting my PGWP? I don't have the off-campus work permit and I got my study permit last December. It is valid till 2021.

I got an offer from a company. And they want me to work in the third week of May. Now I am waiting for my PGWP. Can I work while waiting for the PGWP?
Yes you can work provided you have submitted your PGWP applications and waiting for the decision.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria

I don't think you can work in as much as you are no longer studying, if you do while your PGWP is undergoing, you will be working illegal. If you're working, you have to stop at once till your PGWP is approved. You can explain your situation to the company and they might understand