+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible to apply a PR

iamraj

May 2, 2011
Hi,

I arrived canada on a Work permit an year back and I am currently working for IBM(Ontario), I hold more 5 months of work permit. I have heard that to apply for PR under EC class I need to complete 2 yrs of working period in Canada. As I have only 5 more months of work permit I would not be able to be here for another year. I have hear that Nova scotia province accepts applicants who have completed there 1 yr term in Canada. Is it so ? If not can some one guide me some alternatives.

I hail from India and I can apply there, but that I can only do once I reach India by the time application is processed it may take more than a 1 1/2 year. Please help me with some suggestions.

Raj.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

iamraj said:
Hi,

I arrived canada on a Work permit an year back and I am currently working for IBM(Ontario), I hold more 5 months of work permit. I have heard that to apply for PR under EC class I need to complete 2 yrs of working period in Canada. As I have only 5 more months of work permit I would not be able to be here for another year. I have hear that Nova scotia province accepts applicants who have completed there 1 yr term in Canada. Is it so ? If not can some one guide me some alternatives.

I hail from India and I can apply there, but that I can only do once I reach India by the time application is processed it may take more than a 1 1/2 year. Please help me with some suggestions.

Raj.
No, it has to be a Nova Scotia employer. http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/immigrants/immigrating-to-ns