+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alternatives to IELTS exam?

anon222

Jul 6, 2018
Hi, I'm a recent high school graduate who got admission to study at one of Canada's Universities best universities. I submitted my visa application for a study permit in June and recently got an email to submit IELTS test scores. I was wondering if I could be exempt from giving this exam as I do have a certificate from my school stating that I have complete English proficiency and can be exempt from the IELTS.

kavman

Jul 6, 2018
Giving IELTS is not compulsory. Please share the following details and I can help you further
1. Which university is it?
2. Was english proficiency a condition on the offer letter?
3. When did you apply?
4. Which country is it?
5. Can you share the exact wording of the email?

PS: I know people who've got visas without IELTS(if they were exempt by the university)

anon222

Jul 6, 2018
Giving IELTS is not compulsory. Please share the following details and I can help you further
1. Which university is it?
2. Was english proficiency a condition on the offer letter?
3. When did you apply?
4. Which country is it?
5. Can you share the exact wording of the email?

PS: I know people who've got visas without IELTS(if they were exempt by the university)[/QUOTE

Hi!
1) I was accepted by the University of Toronto (St George) campus
2) My acceptance letter did not require any additional English testing ( this was most probably because i have given my O levels and AS/A levels all in English) The university has also never contacted me for any documents regarding English proficiency
3) I applied for the visa 14th of June to be very exact
4) I applied through Pakistan (Third world country I know, but I went to a completely British system of schooling and all my exams were external and were marked through Cambridge (O and A levels)
5) ""
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to
continue processing your application:
IELTS / CELPIP: Original IELTS language proficiency results (photocopies are not
acceptable)
This must be received at this office by: 2018/08/06 ""
Is the exact wording they used

kavman

Jul 6, 2018
You do not require IELTS unless the university requires it OR you mentioned on the form IMM1294 that you've given an english proficiency test.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
You do not require IELTS unless the university requires it OR you mentioned on the form IMM1294 that you've given an english proficiency test.
This is bad advice i would say. While i agree that giving IELTS is not necessary but when they have specifically asked you for IELTS score then it would be better for you to give one and not dodge their request by finding loopholes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is bad advice i would say. While i agree that giving IELTS is not necessary but when they have specifically asked you for IELTS score then it would be better for you to give one and not dodge their request by finding loopholes.
Agreed. Best option is to take the test as requested.