+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alternative proof of funds for visitor visa

nehhet

Oct 4, 2024
Hello, I have a problem and I'm hoping there's someone here who can help me.

I am a Canadian citizen, my SO is a Japanese citizen. She has flights booked for a four month trip to Canada. She cannot access an official proof of funds from her bank as the system is down for her bank. It's Japan so they won't even try to work around it. The bank says the system is down for a week, her flight to Canada is in less time than that.

What can she use as an alternative proof of funds that will be accepted by border security, if anything?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I have a problem and I'm hoping there's someone here who can help me.

I am a Canadian citizen, my SO is a Japanese citizen. She has flights booked for a four month trip to Canada. She cannot access an official proof of funds from her bank as the system is down for her bank. It's Japan so they won't even try to work around it. The bank says the system is down for a week, her flight to Canada is in less time than that.

What can she use as an alternative proof of funds that will be accepted by border security, if anything?
She can pull up online records if CBSA asks for it and/or she can take screenshots on her phone of her bank statements.