+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Already living in Canada, school no covid readiness plan yet, need to travel urgently

lina94

Feb 24, 2017
Hello, I am an international student been living in Canada for 2 years now I booked my flight last month just recently I found out about this Dli covid readiness thing...I need to travel to.my family urgently I don't get so even if my school is not online and even if I will.quarantine when I return, I won't be able to renter canada because my school is.not in the list yet? Need help :((

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Hello, I am an international student been living in Canada for 2 years now I booked my flight last month just recently I found out about this Dli covid readiness thing...I need to travel to.my family urgently I don't get so even if my school is not online and even if I will.quarantine when I return, I won't be able to renter canada because my school is.not in the list yet? Need help :((
Hello, no unfortunately since your school isn't on the approved DLI list, you may face issues with CBSA agents when trying to return. The criteria is to have a valid study permit and your school being on the approved COVID-19 readiness plan list. Even if your course is not online, as long as your uni is not on the list, if your leave Canada you may not be able to return to your province. However, the DLI list is updated every two weeks so hopefully your institution may be approved soon. What's the name of your school?

Last edited:
Reactions: lina94

lina94

Feb 24, 2017
Hello, no unfortunately since your school isn't on the approved DLI list, you may face issues with CBSA agents when trying to return. The criteria is to have a valid study permit and your school being on the approved COVID-19 readiness plan list. Even if your course is not online, as long as your uni is not on the list, if your leave Canada you may not be able to return to your province. However, the DLI list is updated every two weeks so hopefully your institution may be approved soon. What's the name of your school?
Thank you for your reply, its a private art school in ottawa so I have a feeling its going to take forever since its not a big uni

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Thank you for your reply, its a private art school in ottawa so I have a feeling its going to take forever since its not a big uni
No problem, glad I could help. Yeah it probably would take a while. Maybe you can try contacting your uni's international admissions office to see when they expect their Covid-19 readiness plan to be approved.