All you want to know about Express Entry

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
General Info about Express Entry:
Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

News release – Gearing up for the launch of Express Entry
Link: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=867809&_ga=1.239799875.1507422065.1413581456

News release – Preparing for the launch of "Express Entry"
Link: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=841349&_ga=1.30425855.1507422065.1413581456

News release – Offering "Express Entry" to Qualified Economic Immigrants
Link: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=836509&_ga=1.138636275.1507422065.1413581456

Express Entry factsheet for employers
Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-sheet.asp

Presentation deck from employer engagement sessions
Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-presentation.asp

CIC newsletter article: Information Sessions on “Express Entry” for Employers
Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/enewsletter/index.asp?utm_source=bitly-eng#ee

Backgrounder – Preparing for Success in 2015
Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-10-28b.asp

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How Will the Program Work?

Under Canada's Express Entry system, after an application is received it will be entered into a pool or database of candidates for review or selection by an interested “selector.” The Express Entry Process can be divided into 5 steps:

1) First, all potential candidates will create an Express Entry profile using an online platform that identifies their skills and qualifications, taking the form of an online resume. All Express Entry profiles will be ranked against the other applicants in the system based on a variety of factors, including their language proficiency in English and/or French, their education, their Canadian work experience (if applicable), and other factors that indicate the candidate will be successful in Canada.

2) Applicants to the program without a job offer from a Canadian employer will be required to register with the newly upgraded Canada Job Bank. The Job Bank is a platform where individuals can post their credentials and Canadian employers seeking workers can search for an applicant who meets the requirements of their position in order to offer them a job.

3) After each profile in the system has been assessed, the candidates who meet the criteria of a federal economic program will be placed in the pool of candidates for Express Entry.

4) If their application is selected by an employer through the Job Bank, the applicant will be issued an "Invitation to Apply," and will have 60 days to apply for permanent residence.

5) The successful candidate will then apply for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker program (FSW), the Federal Skilled Trade program (FST), the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), or through a Provincial Nomination Program (PNP). After being offered an invitation to apply applicants will still be required to meet the criteria of the program they are applying under. The entire process of applying for permanent residence will be online.

After an individual has recieved an Invitation to Apply (ITA), Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has committed to processing these applications in six months or less.
---------------------------------------

Who Can Apply?
Under the new Express Entry program, anyone will be able apply. Instead of needing to have experience in an occupation on a strict list of eligible occupations as with many other immigration programs, Express Entry will have no occupation list and applicants can present their impressive credentials regardless of what industry or profession they are in.

Canada's most popular immigration program for foreign workers without a job offer is the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) eligible occupation stream. Only a limited number of applicants can apply (maximum 1,000 per eligible occupation) and they must have work experience in one of 50 eligible occupations within the last 10 years. Canada needs workers from more than 50 occupations, and many people in occupations not on the list would benefit Canada's economy and workforce.

Unlike the restrictive FSW program, the new Express Entry program allows people from all occupations to apply without limiting availability to those fortunate enough to have their occupation included on a small list.

Additionally, Express Entry will also not include the application caps featured in many other Canadian immigration programs, including the FSW program. Without a cap on the number of applications being accepted for processing, applicants can apply to Express Entry at any time without fear that the program will close or fill up before their application is completed.
---------------------------------------

Getting Prepared for Express Entry

Even before the final details of the program are announced, there are many measures that prospective applicants can take to prepare for Canadian immigration through the Express Entry program. Applicants can begin updating their resumes, obtaining references and documenting their credentials. By looking at Canada's current immigration requirements, applicants may be able to predict some of the documentation that will be useful under Express Entry.

Below are some of the many steps that prospective applicants might take in anticipation of Express Entry, or another Canadian immigration category.

IELTS: a language test is required for almost every immigration stream that leads to a Permanent Resident visa. Documenting one's language ability may help them immigrate, and even if an IELTS is not required for Express Entry, the score may still help an applicant convey their English language proficiency to a potential employer.

Credential assessment: Under the current FSW programs, foreign diplomas are given an equivalent value in Canada. The credential assessment can also be an important first step towards licensing or certification in their field in Canada.

Resume and reference letters: Many people do not have an up to date resume and have not needed to ask their employer for reference letters. Beginning to update and edit a resume, as well as starting to determine how to obtain references may be useful for job searching or immigrating to Canada.

It is important to note that applications currently in the system or awaiting processing will not be transfered to Express Entry when it opens, and each application will be assessed based on the application caps and other requirements in place when that application was recieved by CIC. Applicants who have already applied to an existing Canadian immigration program will need to apply separately for Express Entry to be considered under this expedited program.

Disclaimer: Information is collected from different sources so that every bit of information can be seen on single page.
Last updated: October 17, 2014

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
Re: Express Entry

Thanks Goku for this thread. I was actually looking for some information on Express Entry as well.

Singham

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
CHANDIGARH
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hope so
Hi Dear

I have everything emplete with me for EX Entry. Just pending is retake the IELTS. As previous attemp I got 6 overall (L-6.5, R 5.5, W-6, S-6.5). Still Do I need 6 in each band for Express entry as well??? or Its enough.

By the way what is the expected date of getting complete info for this.

can anybody help me to decide.

Thanks

jaisingh39

Oct 18, 2014
Hi,

I have a query, can you please help me to understand that-

Below is my experience details-

First employer - 18 Nov-2008 to 15 April-2011
Second employer - 25 April-2011 to 31 August-2012
Third employer - 17 September-2012 to present

I have calculated, according to my experience given above, I should be able to claim my 6 years of work experience on 14 th of December-2014.

Can you please help me if I submit my application after this date they will consider my 6 years of experience and give me 15 points. Or they have some other way to calculate experience?

IRON

Oct 18, 2014
Hi Guys,

Thank you for information of Express Entry. I have applied PR under CEC as a Truck Mechanic - NOC 7321 - B, and i got my AOR this month 1st week. Also i am living in outside of canada

I try to get job offer from canadian employer. But I am not able to get the offer without money, however in this time i don't like to give money to get the offer.

My quesion is, in future , Will i able to get job offer by using Express Entry System withour spending money ?

I am look forward to hear details from guys, who has idea

Thank you

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Singham said:
Hi Dear

I have everything emplete with me for EX Entry. Just pending is retake the IELTS. As previous attemp I got 6 overall (L-6.5, R 5.5, W-6, S-6.5). Still Do I need 6 in each band for Express entry as well??? or Its enough.

By the way what is the expected date of getting complete info for this.

can anybody help me to decide.

Thanks
Chris Alexndar recently tweeted that other details about Express entry will come out on Jan 1, 2015.

nessjo

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
Hey Goku, you seem to know a lot about express entry :) Do you think that people that have already sent their PR applications to CIC and gotten AOR, but has not yet been approved, will be re-routed to "compete" under the Express Entry as of Jan 1st? Or will they stay in their own batch?

Goku said:
Chris Alexndar recently tweeted that other details about Express entry will come out on Jan 1, 2015.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The bottom paragraph of Goku's original post says:

"It is important to note that applications currently in the system or awaiting processing will not be transfered to Express Entry when it opens, and each application will be assessed based on the application caps and other requirements in place when that application was recieved by CIC. Applicants who have already applied to an existing Canadian immigration program will need to apply separately for Express Entry to be considered under this expedited program."

nessjo said:
Hey Goku, you seem to know a lot about express entry :) Do you think that people that have already sent their PR applications to CIC and gotten AOR, but has not yet been approved, will be re-routed to "compete" under the Express Entry as of Jan 1st? Or will they stay in their own batch?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Froze950 said:
Does any one have idea about the guys who already have a job will be applying under EE next year?
I have a job offer and going to apply unnder EE.

Nov 4, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO/Mississauga office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014/03-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-01-2015/10-01-2018
IELTS Request
Provided upfront
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
24-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-30-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada :P
fastfood said:
I have a job offer and going to apply unnder EE.
What rubbish are u talking...how are u going to apply...do u know rules??

U are saying u have job offer but nothing in the EE notes mention anything about people already having job offer!!! :(

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
There is no reason to be rude. He said "going to apply" which means in the future. He hasn't claimed to know the rules. By the way, he has a point about his job offer.

How Will the Program Work?

1) First, all potential candidates will create an Express Entry profile using an online platform that identifies their skills and qualifications, taking the form of an online resume. All Express Entry profiles will be ranked against the other applicants in the system based on a variety of factors, including their language proficiency in English and/or French, their education, their Canadian work experience (if applicable), and other factors that indicate the candidate will be successful in Canada.

2) Applicants to the program without a job offer from a Canadian employer will be required to register with the newly upgraded Canada Job Bank. The Job Bank is a platform where individuals can post their credentials and Canadian employers seeking workers can search for an applicant who meets the requirements of their position in order to offer them a job.

If he has a job offer, that will fit into "Canadian work experience" and also factors that indicate he will be successful in Canada. He does not have to worry about #2.

24 said:

U are saying u have job offer but nothing in the EE notes mention anything about people already having job offer!!! :(

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
24 said:

He is right. EE favors candidates who have job offer.

Ashish16313

Oct 28, 2014
Hello everybody..

I am new joinee in this forum and I want to Immigrate for Canada..

In this regard, I am ready with all the documents and IELTS Score. Unfortunately my NOC 2134 was not listed in FSW 2014. Now waiting for Express Entry system to launch.

I am having a doubt right throughout the PR process is that first we need to get the PR and search for job in canada or else first search for job from India and apply for PR.

Can you please provide replies for the above query.

Regards,
Ashish.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am having a doubt right throughout the PR process is that first we need to get the PR and search for job in canada or else first search for job from India and apply for PR.
it will be wonderful if you could secure a job offer while still in India but not a must. However, the higher are your points (67+++) the higher are chances to get Invitation to apply.

CIC copied the EOI system from Australian one. In its system Australia has preferable occupations, I suppose Canada will have them too.

So multiple factors will be important: occupation, demand for it in Canada, job offer (if any), amount of points. Maybe even a province where you claim you are going to live.