+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta PNP Eligibility for Graduates from Other Provinces

_Ak_

Apr 13, 2024
Hello folks,

I need guidance regarding my eligibility for the Alberta Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Here’s a bit about my situation:

• I recently graduated with a Master's degree from Memorial University of Newfoundland.
  • I don’t have any work experience from India.
  • I plan to move to Alberta, find a job, gain one year of work experience, and then apply for PR through the Alberta PNP.
While researching, I came across some information suggesting that to be eligible for the Alberta PNP, candidates might need to have completed their studies in Alberta itself rather than in another province. This has left me quite confused.

Additionally, I have a brother who is a Canadian citizen living in Alberta.

Could anyone clarify:

1. Is it true that Alberta PNP requires candidates to have completed their studies in Alberta?
  2. What options might be available for someone in my situation who has graduated from another province but wants to apply for PR through Alberta PNP after gaining 1 year of experience?

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello folks,

I need guidance regarding my eligibility for the Alberta Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Here’s a bit about my situation:

• I recently graduated with a Master's degree from Memorial University of Newfoundland.
  • I don’t have any work experience from India.
  • I plan to move to Alberta, find a job, gain one year of work experience, and then apply for PR through the Alberta PNP.
While researching, I came across some information suggesting that to be eligible for the Alberta PNP, candidates might need to have completed their studies in Alberta itself rather than in another province. This has left me quite confused.

Additionally, I have a brother who is a Canadian citizen living in Alberta.

Could anyone clarify:

1. Is it true that Alberta PNP requires candidates to have completed their studies in Alberta?
  2. What options might be available for someone in my situation who has graduated from another province but wants to apply for PR through Alberta PNP after gaining 1 year of experience?

Thanks in advance.
You would be eligible under the EE stream not AOS. It will be based on your CRS score, NOC and sibling in Alberta. PR is not guaranteed.

_Ak_

Apr 13, 2024
You would be eligible under the EE stream not AOS. It will be based on your CRS score, NOC and sibling in Alberta. PR is not guaranteed.

Thank you for replying.

EE means you are talking about the regular federal entry profile or Alberta express entry profile, which gives a good probability to get the PR

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for replying.

EE means you are talking about the regular federal entry profile or Alberta express entry profile, which gives a good probability to get the PR
You submit your EE profile and select Alberta. Check the past draws, scores and NOCs.

_Ak_

Apr 13, 2024
You submit your EE profile and select Alberta. Check the past draws, scores and NOCs.
Sorry I haven't created a profile yet and I don't think I can create one until I gain 1 year experience in Canada. But just curious about the alberta express entry stream, being in an express entry pool if I choose my priority province as alberta, will I be automatically eligible under AEE and my chances will be high ?

Is that how it works ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry I haven't created a profile yet and I don't think I can create one until I gain 1 year experience in Canada. But just curious about the alberta express entry stream, being in an express entry pool if I choose my priority province as alberta, will I be automatically eligible under AEE and my chances will be high ?

Is that how it works ?
You have to read the eligibility requirements. Can’t tell you your chances as it is based on EE score, NOC that is in demand and if the draw is for family members. Focus has been on healtcare and tech pathway.

Bear60

Jul 31, 2020
You can apply to AOS if you get 1 year of work experience in Alberta and you hold and LMIA, or LMIA exempt work permit with an alberta employer.