+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Family Stream - Please take look and answer if you can!!!

malgorzata82

Jun 28, 2009
Hello,
I have applied under the PNP Family Stream program in Alberta and I have just recieved a notice that they have admitted my case for processing.
My questions are:

- does it really take 31 months for processing? How long did it take before?

- I am now in Poland and would like to wait in Canada while my case is being processed, what is the best visa for me to get to do that?
I was thinking of live-in caregiver program or a student visa but I read somewhere that those programs exclude each other. Is that ture?

Thank you for your answers. I really appreciate all the help I can get

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear Malgorzata

Congrats on your acceptance for AINP family stream.

Yes according to website they say upto 31 months for candidate assesment, but that is maximum time limit. This scheme is only one year old and earlier they were doing it faster less than 12 months. But now they have increased the time.

For your second question sorry I do not have much information. I think it should not be much of problem for you.

Could you kindly inform:
1)after how many days of your submission of the documents with the sponsorship affidavit did AINP inform you that your application has been accepted for processing?

2) what needs to be written in the AINP Family Sponsorship Affidavit of Support, Page 3,
column D Sponsor's Settlement Plan for Family
I am prepared to assist the candidate and his or her famil to establish successfully in Alberta as follows
(Use additioinal page if required): __________________________________________________

Can you please share what the sponsor needs to write in the above column space. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Singh

malgorzata82

Jun 28, 2009
Thank you for your information.

My application was accepted exactly a week before the 7 months deadline was up. I send out my applicaion on November 7th of 2008 and I recieved the acceptance news 24th of June of 2009. That is why I am worried that the next step will take those mentioned 31 months.

As for your other question, my uncle wrote simply that he will assist me when I will come to Canada and he will keep up supporting me as long as it is neccesary. Hovewer, I they have asked us for more specific information. I think they want to hear step by step process of support. I am planning on writing out a real outline of my coming to Canada and establishing myslef.

Hope that helps. It is a learning experience for me right now. If I get more information I will get back to you
Margo

Cocacola

Jun 18, 2009
I have to ask, which one gets the notification, the sponsor or the candidate?

"Please note that Candidates who are currently in Canada and have been identified by Citizenship and Immigration Canada as one of the following are not eligible to apply under the Family Stream:

live-in caregivers
refugee claimants"
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/familystreamcandidate.html

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear Margo

Please note Cocacola's advise form which it is evident that you can not go for the live-in caregiver if your wish to wait while your file is being processed in Canada you are left with the student option only.

Regards

Cocacola

Jun 18, 2009
Please don´t take my posts as evidence, maybe its ok to go the reverse direction, apply for live-in caregiver after applying AINP-FS?

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Re: IELTS Requirement

I have two questions. Please respond if you have any information:

1) Minimum IELTS score of 4 is required for AINP Family Stream. Does it mean 4 bands in aggregate/overall or 4 bands in each module?

2) Regarding exemption of IELTS, as mentioned on the following link people who are residents of some countries are exempt from taking IELTS
http://albertacanada.com/immigration/media/AI-AINP_countries.pdf
I am residing in one of the countries listed in the above link since last 3 years, but I am not a permanent resident. Can someone please advise me if I am exempt or not from IELTS or not?

Thank you

Regards

malgorzata82

Jun 28, 2009
My sponsor in Canada got the notification of acceptance of my application.

Singh, I am ok to discuss stuff on the forum, if somebody else can benefit from the info thats great. I am glad that the it will not take as long as 31 months to process. Anything shorter than that will do :)

As for the live-in caregiver program I read on CIC website that if I am in Canada on that program I am not eligable for PNP family stream program. However, I have send my question to Alberta immigration office in Edmonton and they have said that I CAN apply for it. There have been a lot of mixt info that I have been getting about it but I guess if something goes wrong I can show the e-mail answer and blame it all on them - right?!

I am not familiar with the IELTS as I do not have to take it. I have a BA from a University in the US so I am exempt from having to provide test results.

SOrry, I don't know any more answers right now
M.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear Margo

Thank you for the reply.

A few questions if you can help:

1) If you put an email enquiry to AINP they reply in about how many days? I have sent an enquiry and auto-response from AINP said that they will reply in three working days but it has been more than week now and no reply yet. How many days did they take approximately to reply to your query?

2) When you first send all the documents and application with the sponsorship affidavit... how many days/months approximately do they take to reply you with a file number or AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt). Or basically after how long do you receive any communication from AINP.

3) Can you kindly share what happens after you have submitted the above documents/application. I am interested to know the steps AINP follows after one has submitted a complete application.

4) Did you submit all certified copies or copies (without being certified) as asked in the family stream instructions?
For example the applicant is required to submitt a certified copy of birth certificate to prove relationship with canadian sponsor On the other hand the applicant is required to provide a copy of a valid passport and a copy of IELTS assesment.

Many thanks for your help and cooperation.
Regards
Singh

malgorzata82

Jun 28, 2009
for those of you who are interested. I have written to and called the immigration office in Edmonton and they said that there is no conflict between family stream PNP program and live-in caregiver program as long as you meet all the requiremts for both.
The lady said that usually live-in caregivers have lower education that it is needed for the PNP program and that is why it does not work.
Thought I will update the info here.

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
Any update on your application guys?

I have applied last oct 2008 and received a notification that my application is accepted for processing last feb 2009 and until now i havent received any replies since. But heres my dilmema, i have married last dec 2009 and i wish for my wife to be included in my application? would it be faster to updat emy application and go through the new process (as of sept 14 2009) or just wait fo rmy application to be approved before adding my wife or after i;ve gone to canada and sponsor her as spouse?

Any advice is highly appreciated thanks!

sherry9oct

Star Member
Feb 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Islamabad)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2009
Nomination.....
20-10-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
IELTS Request
03-04-2012
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
Med's Request
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
04-10-2013,17-12-2013,24-12-2013 (Three times)
Dear malgorzata82
what is your apply date for AINP

akmkamboj79

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 -9-2008
Doc's Request.
10-10-2009
Nomination.....
22-4-2010
AOR Received.
24-9-2010
IELTS Request
attached
Med's Request
24-9-2010
Med's Done....
27-9-2010
Interview........
telephonic interview on 16 feb
Passport Req..
24-9-2010
VISA ISSUED...
4 -5-2011
LANDED..........
13-6-2011
hi to alll ,igot nomination on 12may ,ihave some problem the ainp send me a kit , hea also tell me about language test not older then one year ,but my test is older than one year is there is complsery for both of us me and my wife do ielts test agian ,and how many band we required , plz tell me as soon as possibel

sherry9oct

Star Member
Feb 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Islamabad)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2009
Nomination.....
20-10-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
IELTS Request
03-04-2012
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
Med's Request
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
04-10-2013,17-12-2013,24-12-2013 (Three times)
i dont get it before sept IELETS was not required then requirements changed to 4.5 in last 5 year academic or general and now i am hearing this new requirement from u. Kindly share ur apply date. have u applied for AINP??