+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIP Inquiry - 6 months of PGWP left

7jekyl

Jul 13, 2024
Hi,

I'm residing in New Brunswick and hoping to get my PR through the AIP pathway. I did my 1 year of international study in Ontario. I'm currently in the process of the hiring process as a CCA (Continuing Care Assistant/PSW) at a nursing home. However, the job offer is Temporary Full-Time. My manager gave me hopes of a chance in transitioning to Permanent Full-Time since there are some employees going into maternity leave and being in the company's system allows me to apply through their other locations (under the same company) looking for Permanent Full-Time employees.

My question:
Can my employer still endorse me to AIP since by the time the temporary full-time expires I can (hopefully) transition to a permanent full time? I'm halfway through my 1 year PGWP by 28th of July and the temporary full time job offer will end by the time my permit expires, is it still possible to be endorsed even if it's Temporary as long as it's Full-Time?

Should I consult with an immigration law expert?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I'm residing in New Brunswick and hoping to get my PR through the AIP pathway. I did my 1 year of international study in Ontario. I'm currently in the process of the hiring process as a CCA (Continuing Care Assistant/PSW) at a nursing home. However, the job offer is Temporary Full-Time. My manager gave me hopes of a chance in transitioning to Permanent Full-Time since there are some employees going into maternity leave and being in the company's system allows me to apply through their other locations (under the same company) looking for Permanent Full-Time employees.

My question:
Can my employer still endorse me to AIP since by the time the temporary full-time expires I can (hopefully) transition to a permanent full time? I'm halfway through my 1 year PGWP by 28th of July and the temporary full time job offer will end by the time my permit expires, is it still possible to be endorsed even if it's Temporary as long as it's Full-Time?

Should I consult with an immigration law expert?
Is the employer a designated employer with the province? If not, AIP is not an option until designated. Once designated, employer must meet job offer requirements. Depending on the NOC may need to be permanent.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration/hire-immigrant.html

7jekyl

Jul 13, 2024
Hello,
The company is designated and the recruiter also told me they have an immigration team that handles such cases. My NOC would be under NOC B or TEER 3 for Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) at a nursing home. Is it wise to consult with a lawyer/consultant on what steps to follow?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
The company is designated and the recruiter also told me they have an immigration team that handles such cases. My NOC would be under NOC B or TEER 3 for Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) at a nursing home. Is it wise to consult with a lawyer/consultant on what steps to follow?
If you want to pay a consultant to do the work then go ahead. If you have all documentation ready to go then do it yourself. Your choice.

7jekyl

Jul 13, 2024
It's because my job offer is temporary FT for now.. I just didn't wanna risk not having a back up if it doesn't transition to Permanent Full time before my permit expires. That too, I'm not sure if my employer will agree to endorse me to PR after only a few months of working with them.. so I'm considering getting a consultant unless there's another way :/

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
It's because my job offer is temporary FT for now.. I just didn't wanna risk not having a back up if it doesn't transition to Permanent Full time before my permit expires. That too, I'm not sure if my employer will agree to endorse me to PR after only a few months of working with them.. so I'm considering getting a consultant unless there's another way :/
You should ask your employer if they would do a closed work permit for you, otherwise your chances are minimum.. PGWP is no longer eligible for extension and you must have a valid status while waiting for your PR. If they don't, I would find another job right away

7jekyl

Jul 13, 2024
You should ask your employer if they would do a closed work permit for you, otherwise your chances are minimum.. PGWP is no longer eligible for extension and you must have a valid status while waiting for your PR. If they don't, I would find another job right away
Hi,
Thank you for your response. Does a close work permit mean LMIA? or is it different and can be applied during my PGWP?

I'm still about to start this new job so I'm unsure whether to ask now or give it a few weeks.. I also agreed for the Temporary FT (6 months contract). I'm hoping to do well so they can fix my papers (aka put me into permanent FT for the AIP requirements).

Triptee

Feb 19, 2023
Hi,
I have a query for PNP for Alberta.
I am on pgwp with 2.5 years of experience as a welder in quebec. My husband just moved with a noc O job in technology with 30 years experience, to Alberta with his own wk permit. I am having crs score 386 for express entry.
Can I apply on Alberta portal for pnp?
which program am I eligible?