+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP H1B IN Jan-2010....NO file number yet.....

raj567

Feb 20, 2011
Hi all,
I am new to this thread, so please bear with my questions.

I applied to AINP-H1b visa category in Jan-2010. FedEx tracking number shows that my complete package was received and signed on Jan-26-2010 at Alberta office. I did not receive any communication from them yet. It's one complete year. I did not receive even a file/application number from AINP office.

My questions are:

1. Is this common not to receive atleast a file/application number from AINP for one full year? What is an average/typical time line to receive just file/application number from AINP?
(I see that all of you received your file number from AINP, but i did not received anything yet from them).

2. What's the step wise procedure, first receive the file/application number from AINP and second receive the nomination if they do not need any other documents from us and approve the application?

3. I was talking to someone who received PR thru AINP and he said that receiving file/application number from AINP is not necessary. Sometimes they may send the nomination directly. Is this correct?

4. I am planning to call them tomorrow, can you all help me in guiding.....what to ask....how to track my AINP app........?

Please help.
Thank you all.