+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Agent made an error

Mandy_T

May 30, 2015
Hi
So we applied for the super visa for my parents on april 9. We received an answer on may 29 saying that we lied in our application. Actually what happened is my mother applied last year for visitor visa but got refused. But we gave all this info to the agent who filled our application. But he didn't fill the application correctly.
Now we sent a correction letter as requested and apologized for the error. But I'm scared they will refused the visa. Did anyone have the same kind of experience? And if we do get refused and we do something about it? If not, when could we re apply?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately it usually doesn't matter who made the error - your parents will be held responsible since it's their application. However by all means give it a try and hope you have a sympathetic visa officer. Next time you use an agent make sure all of the information is accurate before the application is submitted.

If you are refused you will have to try applying again.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mandy_T said:
And when can we re apply? Like right away? or there is a delay?
There's no delay for Tourist Visa's. You can apply the next day.
But a general rule of thumb is the visa officer will look into what has changed from the previous application. In your case since the mistake will be corrected plus I would recommend attaching a cover letter describing what happened for the error on file the last application.
Good luck