+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Age 42, 6 months in Canada, Looking inputs for gettning PR possibilities

Praveen4pr

Aug 21, 2022
Hi All, could you please advice/recommend me the approaches/ways to get PR with my current conditions explained below.

I am 42 Yrs Old with Spouse (32 Yrs) and a kid (3.8 yrs old born in US). I have 17+ years of professional experience in the area of Data Analytics/Data Science spectrum. I have done my Masters (Applied Statistics) from Osmania University in the year 2004. I have also worked in USA for about 4 years on H1B. Due to Covid, my temporary visit to India during Q1 2020 got punished me badly and was unable to get back to USA in time due to global travel restrictions. I was forced to stick back in India till 2022 February. However, my employer had filed Closed Work Permit to Canada and luckily it went through successfully and I landed in Canada in February 2022 in Ontario Province.

I have been preparing for CELPIP General so that I can create my profile in IRCC for Express Entry. Due to 42 years age, it seems the CRS points are getting punished badly though I have plenty of professional experience. I would like to know whether I should file my PR without including my family in the application? This is because I do get more points if I do not included them in my application.

Whereas my wife has 2 yrs of work experience in India. She got blessed with Open Work Permit in Canada and have been actively looking for job opportunities as well. So, Is it a good idea to let her find job and work for 1 year on open work permit and then file PR as primary application. Or else, admit her for a Masters/PG diploma of 1 Yr and bag 1 year of work experience after her college completion and file PR as primary applicant where as I stick to my closed work permit itself.

Please provide your insights/advices/recommendations relevant to my situation so that I take proper action with high probability of getting PR in next 2 to 3 years.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi All, could you please advice/recommend me the approaches/ways to get PR with my current conditions explained below.

I am 42 Yrs Old with Spouse (32 Yrs) and a kid (3.8 yrs old born in US). I have 17+ years of professional experience in the area of Data Analytics/Data Science spectrum. I have done my Masters (Applied Statistics) from Osmania University in the year 2004. I have also worked in USA for about 4 years on H1B. Due to Covid, my temporary visit to India during Q1 2020 got punished me badly and was unable to get back to USA in time due to global travel restrictions. I was forced to stick back in India till 2022 February. However, my employer had filed Closed Work Permit to Canada and luckily it went through successfully and I landed in Canada in February 2022 in Ontario Province.

I have been preparing for CELPIP General so that I can create my profile in IRCC for Express Entry. Due to 42 years age, it seems the CRS points are getting punished badly though I have plenty of professional experience. I would like to know whether I should file my PR without including my family in the application? This is because I do get more points if I do not included them in my application.

Whereas my wife has 2 yrs of work experience in India. She got blessed with Open Work Permit in Canada and have been actively looking for job opportunities as well. So, Is it a good idea to let her find job and work for 1 year on open work permit and then file PR as primary application. Or else, admit her for a Masters/PG diploma of 1 Yr and bag 1 year of work experience after her college completion and file PR as primary applicant where as I stick to my closed work permit itself.

Please provide your insights/advices/recommendations relevant to my situation so that I take proper action with high probability of getting PR in next 2 to 3 years.
My friend is 48. He is under process for PR. I am 39, got my PR at 38. Take a look PNP, its the easiest path for you. Do not waste time elsewhere in any kind of tricks.

You can go via your spouse parallel-ly.

Having EE profle is no problem. Have it. I will say both you and your wife have their own EE Profiles. Whom so ever gets invite should apply.

Reactions: EsterO

EsterO

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Your wife should be the primary applicant as she is younger and at prime age to get the PR faster. Even without PNP. She will add you on as applying separately may affect their chances.

Praveen4pr

Aug 21, 2022
My friend is 48. He is under process for PR. I am 39, got my PR at 38. Take a look PNP, its the easiest path for you. Do not waste time elsewhere in any kind of tricks.

You can go via your spouse parallel-ly.

Having EE profle is no problem. Have it. I will say both you and your wife have their own EE Profiles. Whom so ever gets invite should apply.
Thanks for your reply. May I know which PNP your friend is into. Just for my knowledge am asking.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021