+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After the Citizenship Test, how long does it take to attend the Citizenship Ceremony?

phoebengn

May 23, 2016
Hi all,
Has anyone experienced waiting for more than 3 months after taking his/her citizenship test? My husband wrote and passed the citizenship test and interview in late Feb 2018. It is now 3 months and he has not been called for the Citizenship Ceremony. However, many of our friends attend the ceremony one month after their tests or some even attend it the same day they took the test. We have called CIC numerous times but have not been able to talk to an agent.
Thank you.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi all,
Has anyone experienced waiting for more than 3 months after taking his/her citizenship test? My husband wrote and passed the citizenship test and interview in late Feb 2018. It is now 3 months and he has not been called for the Citizenship Ceremony. However, many of our friends attend the ceremony one month after their tests or some even attend it the same day they took the test. We have called CIC numerous times but have not been able to talk to an agent.
Thank you.
Yes, many, many, many people. Which office did you attend for the test?

Reactions: phoebengn

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
That's not an uncommon wait for Surrey. Any of your friends that had quick ceremonies or same day would have had extenuating circumstances that may not apply to his application. Is his status "Decision Made"?

Reactions: phoebengn

phoebengn

May 23, 2016
That's not an uncommon wait for Surrey. Any of your friends that had quick ceremonies or same day would have had extenuating circumstances that may not apply to his application. Is his status "Decision Made"?
I see, CIC received his application on Oct 2017 and The status is "In Process". The paper his received after taking the test suggests that he will be notified about the ceremony after 2-3 months, that's why we are a bit worried.
Thank you

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I see, CIC received his application on Oct 2017 and The status is "In Process". The paper his received after taking the test suggests that he will be notified about the ceremony after 2-3 months, that's why we are a bit worried.
Thank you
If he's still IP, that would indicate that the background checks are still in progress, which would further explain the time. Not much you can do but wait. The call centre will be useless to you as well since IRCC is relying on outside agencies to conduct the checks.

phoebengn

May 23, 2016
Would change in address cause any delay since we currently moved, although he updated the new address the day he went for the test in feb?
Thank you.