+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

after expired

nkojima

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Hi guys, I am applying PR through CEC and Canada immigration says this usually takes 13months and my post grad work permit will expire in 15months.

Does anyone know by the time my visa expires and I will not have received PR yet then Would I have to stop working then or any other way to keep working.

Please tell me Kind people here!

Regard.

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
nkojima said:
Hi guys, I am applying PR through CEC and Canada immigration says this usually takes 13months and my post grad work permit will expire in 15months.

Does anyone know by the time my visa expires and I will not have received PR yet then Would I have to stop working then or any other way to keep working.

Regard.
Hey, You have enough time to get expire of your work permit. Now they fast the PR process so you will be fine and hopefully get your PR before your work permit expire but if some how i get delay then you can apply for Bridge work permit which allow to you to stay one more year in country until they make decision on your application.

Good luck for your application

Thanks,
Backendcode

nkojima

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Hi backendcode

Thank you for the quick response.

Do you know how long CEC take these days?

please let me know.

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
nkojima said:
Hi backendcode

Thank you for the quick response.

Do you know how long CEC take these days?

please let me know.
Well its totally depend on the applicants but average time is

When you file your application, They issue AOR (Acknowledgement Of Receipt) it means your application was complete and your are eligible unde CEC and nowdays they taking 4 to 6 weeks to issue AOR.

Once you get AOR, then you have long wait until you get medical request and average time of medical request is 200 days and in between AOR and medical request, you may get additional documents like finger print, FBI PCC, Job letter (again) and once you get your medical request then they ask for Passport request within 2-4 weeks after your medical done and issue you PR visa.

so nowadays average timing of PR is 250 to 280 days which means 9- 10 months.

Thanks

KevinSong

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2013
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014 (additional doc request)
Med's Request
08-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
copr on 16-07-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014 at pacific highway
backendcode said:
Well its totally depend on the applicants but average time is

When you file your application, They issue AOR (Acknowledgement Of Receipt) it means your application was complete and your are eligible unde CEC and nowdays they taking 4 to 6 weeks to issue AOR.

Once you get AOR, then you have long wait until you get medical request and average time of medical request is 200 days and in between AOR and medical request, you may get additional documents like finger print, FBI PCC, Job letter (again) and once you get your medical request then they ask for Passport request within 2-4 weeks after your medical done and issue you PR visa.

so nowadays average timing of PR is 250 to 280 days which means 9- 10 months.

Thanks
AOR doesn't mean applicants are eligible under cec. It just means that your package is complete without missing papers or something and your application transfers to ottawa. VO starts to check your eligibility by then

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
KevinSong said:
AOR doesn't mean applicants are eligible under cec. It just means that your package is complete without missing papers or something and your application transfers to ottawa. VO starts to check your eligibility by then
My bad, i didn't know about that. Thanks for the correction :)

C_Survival

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
you can apply for bridge work permit which will authorize you to work and live in Canada for another one year while you are waiting
for a decision on your CEC applicaiton

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

nkojima

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Thank you for the response. I am very glad to hear it takes only 9-10months I though was it would take at least 1year

by the way, I am planning to go back to Eastern Canada region(Currently living in Edmonton Very cold I cannot stay here) but my PGWP visa will expire

2015 AUG in this case I am not sure If any eastern Canadian companies hire me. I still have not passed IELTS yet(7/17 scheduled I

expect to pass) and gotten received criminal back ground check either, The time I can submit PR through CEC is most likely end of this summer or close

so I better to prepare bridge visa( 1 more year work permit?) is it really complicated to apply and Does the company need to provide LMO to get it

approved.

Please help me!

Thank you

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
All the information you need on bridging open work permit is available here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

nkojima said:
Thank you for the response. I am very glad to hear it takes only 9-10months I though was it would take at least 1year

by the way, I am planning to go back to Eastern Canada region(Currently living in Edmonton Very cold I cannot stay here) but my PGWP visa will expire

2015 AUG in this case I am not sure If any eastern Canadian companies hire me. I still have not passed IELTS yet(7/17 scheduled I

expect to pass) and gotten received criminal back ground check either, The time I can submit PR through CEC is most likely end of this summer or close

so I better to prepare bridge visa( 1 more year work permit?) is it really complicated to apply and Does the company need to provide LMO to get it

approved.

Please help me!

Thank you

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
nkojima said:

Regard.

I think you should apply for a bridging work permit.