+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After declining ITA my profile became ineligible, does anyone know why?

silentmouse

Feb 8, 2024
I declined my ITA and I still had the EE profile valid for few more months. But after few minutes, I received a message that my profile is ineligible. Does anyone know why this happened? What should I do?

This is the message I received in my profile when it became ineligible.

Your Express Entry profile has been reviewed and we have determined that you are not eligible for Express Entry at this time.

To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on the information you gave in your profile, you do not appear to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs at the moment.
Below are a few examples of why a candidate will be found ineligible:
• not having a valid language test,
• language test results that are more than two years old,
• a language test score that is too low,
• not having enough relevant work experience,
• not having the required education level,
• not having enough funds.

If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a higher level of education.

I don't plan to apply again for at least another year, but since this became ineligible, is that a concern? Would I be considered ineligible in future as well? (my CRS is 545 so I don't worry about the points in the future, but I'm concerned about profile ineligibility due to declining ITA)

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I declined my ITA and I still had the EE profile valid for few more months. But after few minutes, I received a message that my profile is ineligible. Does anyone know why this happened? What should I do?

This is the message I received in my profile when it became ineligible.

Your Express Entry profile has been reviewed and we have determined that you are not eligible for Express Entry at this time.

To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on the information you gave in your profile, you do not appear to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs at the moment.
Below are a few examples of why a candidate will be found ineligible:
• not having a valid language test,
• language test results that are more than two years old,
• a language test score that is too low,
• not having enough relevant work experience,
• not having the required education level,
• not having enough funds.

If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a higher level of education.

I don't plan to apply again for at least another year, but since this became ineligible, is that a concern? Would I be considered ineligible in future as well? (my CRS is 545 so I don't worry about the points in the future, but I'm concerned about profile ineligibility due to declining ITA)
Check proof of funds

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I already received ITA, that means I filled the proof of funds correctly. You are talking about profile ineligibility when you create profile. Im talking about something else here.
you mentioned on original post that you declined ITA, isnt it ? which nullifies it and you were back in pool. POF changed (I think around 28th May), so after you declined ITA and went back to pool, did you update POF as per new requirement ?

Reactions: scylla