Once the CSQ comes through, what's the timeline and process for entering Quebec

Thanks in advance

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A CSQ is a mere nomination by the Govt of Quebec. Once you get the CSQ, the regular immigration forms needs to be filled and submitted to the canadian consulate in your country of residence. Further you will have to go through a background check and medical chk up. Often, people with CSQ and other PNP certificates have been given priority processing over regular skilled workers who have applied through the FSW program.

You will be eligible to get a visitor's visa once you get ur CSQ, but that would not help you in anyway...unless you simply want to visit quebec to get to know the province better before immigrating.

Good luck!

Strumm

Nov 11, 2009
Hi mtlguy,

Thanks for the detailed reply and although this reply is too late, Thanks anyway.

I do have a question further. Once I get a CSQ, is there a time frame by which I have to go to the next step of applying to the Federal department?

Thanks in adv

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CSQ has an expiry date. You need to forward the CSQ and PCC's (if available) to the Canadian consulate within the prescribed timeframe. I think the validity is 1 yr.

Good luck!