+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After a "soft landing", can I go back to my home country without having to quarantine for 14 days?

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
1. After a "soft landing", can I go back to my home country without having to quarantine for 14 days? I need to go back to my country as soon as possible because I have a job.

2. I don't have any friends to receive my PR card on my behalf. Will they still issue a PR document even though I didn't receive my original PR card?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. After a "soft landing", can I go back to my home country without having to quarantine for 14 days? I need to go back to my country as soon as possible because I have a job.

2. I don't have any friends to receive my PR card on my behalf. Will they still issue a PR document even though I didn't receive my original PR card?
1. It depends. If you are coming from a country other than the US and are randomly selected to take an arrival test, then you are required to quarantine in Canada while you wait for the test results. If you happen to test positive, then you will have to quarantine for another 10 days from the day the results are received. These are the current rules. Of course they may change at any time.
2. I don't understand this question. You will be able to complete landing formalities however they won't produce or send your PR card until you can provide a Canadian address for mailing.

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
1. It depends. If you are coming from a country other than the US and are randomly selected to take an arrival test, then you are required to quarantine in Canada while you wait for the test results. If you happen to test positive, then you will have to quarantine for another 10 days from the day the results are received. These are the current rules. Of course they may change at any time.
2. I don't understand this question. You will be able to complete landing formalities however they won't produce or send your PR card until you can provide a Canadian address for mailing.
Thank you for your reply.

About question 2, what I tried to ask was that if I don't have any Canadian address for the PR card to mail to and have been outside of Canada after the soft landing, will it be a problem? Will they still issue a PR document when I want to enter Canada, after maybe 2 years of soft landing?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply.

About question 2, what I tried to ask was that if I don't have any Canadian address for the PR card to mail to and have been outside of Canada after the soft landing, will it be a problem? Will they still issue a PR document when I want to enter Canada, after maybe 2 years of soft landing?
Yes, they will issue a PRTD

Reactions: MapleVivi